• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth: Did he just trip over himself?

Irae

Smash Cadet
It's obviously Sakurai's little way of saying "Don't dash dance! You're ruining MY GAME!"
It's not an advantage, it's a new approach to the "cheap" argument that I never thought we'd see. The producer getting directly involved :psycho:

Just like declining damage and knockback is aimed at laser spammers and sword tippers.
Actually, after watching a few videos, it seems like it may be an autohandicap of sorts...
I watched some Marth vs. Wolf vid on youtube, and the marth was ahead the whole match, and he was the ONLY one who tripped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPO02OOtMFA

The tripping starts at 2:45 ish, after his 2nd kill to the wolf's first.

He trips 4 more time, twice in the three minute range, one late in the match.

My best guess is that it's an autohandicap.

otter

Smash Ace
Actually, after watching a few videos, it seems like it may be an autohandicap of sorts...
I watched some Marth vs. Wolf vid on youtube, and the marth was ahead the whole match, and he was the ONLY one who tripped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPO02OOtMFA

The tripping starts at 2:45 ish, after his 2nd kill to the wolf's first.

He trips 4 more time, twice in the three minute range, one late in the match.

My best guess is that it's an autohandicap.

I actually like the idea. But if they are going to go Mario Kart on us, don't even bother calling it a competitive game. Oh, that's right.... :laugh:

Zek

Smash Ace
There is no ink dropping. It was a joke technique to begin with, it never actually worked in E4All and it works even less now. This is tripping.

Flame 326

Smash Rookie
A frend a mines swears that he thinks one of the game creators "hmmm woodnt it be so funny if some1 was in the middle of a sick *** combo and we juss **** by making them trip!?"

Top Bottom