• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Dancing Blade Question...

i cut u up

Smash Rookie
I use the gamecube controller and am having a little bit of trouble consistantly doing the Dancing Blade combo. Any tips would be greatly apreciated.

Also, i think i am doing it right but could someone tell me what the combo is to correctly do the entire thing.

One more thing :), i can do it randomly sometimes, what is the button sequence to do the dancing blade combo and then finish it with a bunch of downward slices.

PS. Any more combos that can be added to it that you know of would be awesome(i just started to play and have been pretty interested in SSB from when it was on the MLG circuit)

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
The dancing blade is variable... you B over and then make your next decision there is no correct way to do it... As far as not being able to pull it off is concerned I have no idea it isn't really that difficult.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
You probably need to slow down your button presses, if the full thing isn't coming out... though it's easier to do in Brawl than in Melee (aka, less sensitive to you needing to wait). Basically it's the first over B, and after that it's diagonal up, diagonal down, or straight to the side (for hit 2, down will produce the same as over B, for there's three variants for hits 3 and 4). Check the Dojo for pretty pictures for each step of the move, as you can chain any attack from one stage (like second attack, or third attack) into another... so if you want you can do over, over, up, down or something like that. You'll need to mess with it to find what combonations work for you. And the fourth hit diagonal down is the multi-stab thingy.

Link to Dojo http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden02.html

Tonyyyyyy

Smash Cadet
Dancing blade using forward B for all 4 moves is standard/very solid. When on the edge the last B can be either Up or Forward which is also pretty effective.

If you're playing vs lighter characters who tend to rise more, use more UP b combo's.

Down b combos are relatively pointless imo.

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
Kind of related: how do YOU guys use the new dancing blade? (just wondering)

Darth Ace

Smash Rookie
Kind of related: how do YOU guys use the new dancing blade? (just wondering)
I just do the side b to initate it then hold down the side while tapping b. sometimes I change the analog stick's direction, but otherwise i just do that (easier way for me to kill primids and the Super Smash Rangers... or the Super Alloy Team or whatever their name is.

Tonyyyyyy

Smash Cadet
I love the new dancing blade, gives you a lot more control than you had before. I don't know if you guys noticed but you can do it at the same speed as you could in the melee version and it will still do the full combo (good if an opponent is rolling away as it gives you a slightly greater range in your attacks) and you can speed up/slow down at any time during the combo.

But doing it full speed allows you to score all 4 hits very quickly/efficiently and rarely misses the next 3 if the first hit is spot on. One of the best overall improvements for marth.

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
Think of the dancing blade as an actual dance. keep a steady beat in your mind, id say 140 BPM in Melee. But in brawl, from the videos I've seen, I'm pretty sure you can up the tempo to 200.

Hit #1: front
Hit #2: front, up
Hit #3: front, up, down
Hit #4: front, up, down

Go down this list using any of the available attacks. Hits 1 and 2 are weak, hit 3 is strong with down being a spike, and hit 4 is just strong in general.

Top Bottom