• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Combos?

Roy101

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know any good combos for marth, and combos in his turbo mode?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Marth combos generally consist of any single one of his attacks chained into any other attack, any number of times.

But it sounds like you would benefit more from actually watching good marths.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I feel that Marth's combo always start off with a back air to a forward air and then it goes on from there.

Icehawkz0

Smash Cadet
I don't think that it necessarily has to start with a bair. Fair to fair works on early percents I believe, and fair uair is also a great combo starter for fast fallers, just as long as you have a good neutral.

Jackson

Smash Lord
After fooling around with CPUs a bit, a very nice early percent combo I found myself using was Fair to Dtilt to Dash grab. From there you can either Fthrow or Dthrow to start a tech chase, or Uthrow to potentially follow up with Utilt or Uair.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I don't think that it necessarily has to start with a bair. Fair to fair works on early percents I believe, and fair uair is also a great combo starter for fast fallers, just as long as you have a good neutral.
Yea your right, but my combos like always start off with a bair.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Doesn't Bair usually give too much knockback to combo all that well?
If you hit with the tipper, it very easily can. Especially at mid-high percents, not just because of knockback but because you're decently far away already.

Hitting with the sourspot and/or using the reverse hitboxes is actually great for comboing.

This is melee, but it'll still work in project M. Check out 00:18 and 1:10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCCl3wtFiI&index=5&list=PLdEEWgSiyHXNWRuRiELB7XFzVANI6b8TW

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
not just spaciesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
bruh
Also, fthrow -> dair totally works at the ledge if they DI up. It's better than a regrab or a non-tipped fsmash since itll, yknow, kill

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
In that vein, if someone di's down & away to avoid follow ups at the edge you can run off dair and still recover.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
I tried that last night and couldn't get it.
Did you mean run off dair, then double jump and DS back to stage?
or run off, double jump dair and land back on the stage?
Because I couldn't get the first one.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't think run-off dair works either. There's a reason we do rising dairs after all.
Just tried it in melee and it didn't work at all, I don't think it should work in PM.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I tried that last night and couldn't get it.
Did you mean run off dair, then double jump and DS back to stage?
or run off, double jump dair and land back on the stage?
Because I couldn't get the first one.
I meant the second one. Sorry, I don`t have experience with it, but see Dart do it on stream a bunch of times.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Ok good. I was afraid I had some marth recovery trick i didn't know about!
ALSO: does upthrow actually chain throw falcon? I was playing around with the cpu and it seemed to work, but that's no guarantee. Thoughts?

KABO0S

Smash Cadet
Upthrow chains might work on Falcon. I mean, if it works on spacies why not Falcon? Isn't he near or the same weight as Falco?

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's not a real thing in melee (thought I read that somewhere) so I thought it might be fraudulent in PM too. It seemed easier though.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
About the run-off dair, as you might have thought, it is DI, weight, fallspeed and percentage dependent :D
On most fallspeeds (except fastfallers, medium-fastfallers, and really floaties) at lower %s it is guaranteed on every DI.
The point is, you have to dash until you reach the edge and then sh dair. (important: jump before you slide off and keep the direction pressed until then, I recommend jumping with a button)
On higher %s DI down+away avoids it.
Against really floaty chars it is a read on DI because you can fj dair also but at higher %s there are ways to copletely avoid the followup.
On fastfallers it is never possible with correct DI.

Last edited:

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
Upthrow chains might work on Falcon. I mean, if it works on spacies why not Falcon? Isn't he near or the same weight as Falco?
I'm pretty sure there is a distinct difference between fall speed and weight. And no, you can't up-throw chain grab falcon.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Weight:
Captain Falcon: 104 (12th out of 41)
Falco: 80 (36th out of 41)

Fallspeed:
Captain Falcon: 2.9 (3rd out of 41)
Falco: 3.1 (2nd out of 41)

Try for up-tilt / up-air followups against Captain Falcon

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
You can get up tilts into fair into fsmash strings on most characters except super floaty characters and fast fallers.

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
I tend to play in the air to much, going for fair double jump fair (or dair if I can get the spike) and I know I need to play a more grounded marth, so I could see a utilt short hop fair into fsmash working great at lower to mid percents

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
up smash to foward smash, or constant resets of side b if you know what each does.

Top Bottom