• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth combos from jab1.

CPU.

Smash Rookie
If you land marths first jab at low percents, it is possible to link it to a rising shorthop dancing blade (first hit only) instead of a grounded one. The advantage being that you can follow up with a falling up air. After the falling up air, it is possible to land another jab into a grab or even another shorthop dancing blade.

jab > shorthop > dancing blade > up air > jab

If the percents get a little higher, then it is better to use a falling neutral air instead of the up air in order to extend the combo. However this does less damage.

jab > shorthop > dancing blade > neutral air > jab

This combo will net more damage than the standard dancing blade combo finish but has some issues. The percents at which this works are very dependant on matchup. For example, fast fallers will be able to sheild the dancing blade up until high percents. I am also uncertain as to how DI and SDI affect this combo as I have not had a chance to properly test that.

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread but I have not seen anyone use this in tournament yet so I thought it might be worth mentioning considering how marth is rising in the metagame.

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
Jab shorthop dancing blade to neutral air to jab shorthop dancing blade to neutral air to... you get it. Has already been ifgutred out, and not very common in tournament because of the fact that it is easy to get out. From what I've heard, Floaties can DI out, and fastfallers/heavies can get down to the ground and hold shield to block your string, then shield grab you and punish. Ding dong anyone?

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Welcome to the boards. I'm pretty sure we Marth mains all know this, but thanks either way for attempting to help.

Top Bottom