• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth chain grabs?

JoelLegion

Smash Rookie
Does Marth get chaingrabbed by anyone, the only one I can think of with decent trajectory and hitstun is link's downthrow but I'm pretty sure the grab hitbox at the start of is grab is ****ed. Anyway if there is one that is consistent (meaning not like di away against sheik) please tell me.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Does Marth get chaingrabbed by anyone, the only one I can think of with decent trajectory and hitstun is link's downthrow but I'm pretty sure the grab hitbox at the start of is grab is ****ed. Anyway if there is one that is consistent (meaning not like di away against sheik) please tell me.
Link's grab is a tether grab, which means he can't chain-grab in the first place because it doesn't grab airborne opponents. It only sets up for easy combos.

In general, Marth isn't affected by true chain-grabs, but he still can be juggled easily which leads to huge problems in his matches if he ends up above his opponent.

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
Sheik can chain grab him if you DI her dthrow away, so don't do that. not sure about anyone else atm

Last edited:

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
At certain percents, Sheik's down-throw, Captain Falcon down-throw, another Marth's forward-throw below 8ish%, and even longer with bad DI. Those are just the ones that I know of off the top of my head.

Edit- You don't necessarily have to DI for Sheik to be able to regrab. Even if you stay neutral or DI behind at low percents, she can still regrab before you can jump out

Last edited:

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
At certain percents, Sheik's down-throw, Captain Falcon down-throw, another Marth's forward-throw below 8ish%, and even longer with bad DI. Those are just the ones that I know of off the top of my head.

Edit- You don't necessarily have to DI for Sheik to be able to regrab. Even if you stay neutral or DI behind at low percents, she can still regrab before you can jump out
All the ones you mention only work on bad DI. Sheik can't regrab on neutral or behind DI.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Not forward throw on Marth for the first couple throws. No DI can allow you to escape it until the third throw if they dash-regrab quick enough.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
My apologies, I stand corrected. I am in no position to question Kadano, our one true lord and savior.

Top Bottom