• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...Marth can still Jab Lock?

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
So we know that Marth can no longer Jab Lock off of his Jab, but I've found a new way(yet extremely situational) to Jab Lock on bigger/fatter characters.

I haven't tested this yet on anyone except Bowser and Lucina, with Lucina being to small to successfully Jab Lock, so if I have time I might be able to test it on other characters sometime later.

But like I said, this is highely situational so it might be complete crap that has no use. But I just wanted to say it anyway in the event that you might be able to get it. :p

From 23-33%(These were the only percentage points I was fast enough in, 34%+ it won't work), you have to Tipper Bair your opponent(which will make them fall into the tumble animation) and quickly jump and Dair them. If you're fast enough, they will get Jab Locked and you're free to do anything you want. I personally do SH DB into Uair etc.
Please be aware that this is data for Bowser only. If I get the time to test it on more characters, I will.

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I'm pretty sure Marth can already jab lock using his non-tippered dtilt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I've been able to just use Jab 1 and people will get caught in it because of its new little pop up, and I think it was to be on the tip as well. I guess it relies on the DI of the opponent, but when they try escaping I usually just try and tipped F-Smash.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
I've been able to just use Jab 1 and people will get caught in it because of its new little pop up, and I think it was to be on the tip as well. I guess it relies on the DI of the opponent, but when they try escaping I usually just try and tipped F-Smash.
Yeah. I guess his Jab is in a way still a Jab Lock since you can do almost anything after it. But the extra 14% or so you get from the Dair is really nice.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
These moves can jab lock but until certain percent unfortunately
F-tilt(Untippered) when <24%
N-Special(uncharged) when < 14%

Last edited:

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
These must all be at lower percentages I assume? Sucks that Marth isn't able to Jab Lock with his Jab anymore. Sakurai should've kept that there.
Correct,I forgot to put the percents (F-tilt<24%)(N-special<14%)

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Hopefully Marth's sour spots get less/set knock back on them next patch.

Last edited:

Slickfate

Smash Rookie
NNID
Slikfate
3DS FC
0447-8773-9657
It's sad how you can't make the jab lock duration longer since none of his moves are faster than his jab:sadeyes:

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
his spike is also a good lock tool, it gives you enough time for a F-smash tippered, the only problem is actually getting one of those in a real match

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Doesn't footstooling force the opponent to stand up in the same spot? Also does a untipped first hit of nair jab lock or no? Probably not this patch due to the increase in damage. In fact, with the reduction of dair's landing lag, I feel we should be incorporating footstools more in cooperation with dair.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
Doesn't footstooling force the opponent to stand up in the same spot? Also does a untipped first hit of nair jab lock or no? Probably not this patch due to the increase in damage. In fact, with the reduction of dair's landing lag, I feel we should be incorporating footstools more in cooperation with dair.
Footstool doesn't cause a neutral get up and I have no idea about Nair.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Footstooling doesnt force a neutral get up but it can't be teched.N-air cause the opponent to flinch upward like Jab 1 so no jab lock.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Footstooling doesnt force a neutral get up but it can't be teched.N-air cause the opponent to flinch upward like Jab 1 so no jab lock.
Fair enough, I never really footstooled much anyways, the landing lag and lack of hitstun always made it somewhat risky. I only ever tried the nair in this patch anyways.

Top Bottom