• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth and the Perfect Pivot

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
I posted this in the Marth general thread, but I thought this deserved a little more as it seems to really up marths game. The perfect pivot is a spacing tech that causes neutral movement. Since a majority of Marth's game is spacing, it's no surprise he is one of the characters who seems to benefit most from this. A video tutorial of the tech can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaR4RM-qr0

One of the bigger things that I've found useful with this tech is being able to avoid grabs and punish with a forward smash before the opponent can get a shield up or roll away. It's much faster than a roll, and can act out of it almost instantly instead of having to wait within a roll. Another is if someone is attempting to down air, it's easy to avoid and punish. With the pivot mastered, I think it will make Marth scary to play again. If you mess up one dair or dash grab, or even side special (such as falcons side-B), it's really easy to punish with a forward smash or grab. Most of the time, it's also beautifully set up for the tipper.

I know this has been discovered already in the past and has been in every game, but honestly Marth hasn't needed it in the others. I think this is going to be a huge tool for Marth. What other kinds of applications could you see coming from this tech? Do you see this being helpful for Marth users in the future or not really having an effect on the outcome of matches?

EDIT: I need to play with it a bit more, but it feels like [d tilt] -> [pivot] -> [f-smash] is a nice combo at low percents if done quickly enough.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey there @ dizney dizney . First of all, welcome to Smashboards! The Terms of Service and Rules of Smashboards indicates that a post may be considered Spam when:
  • Re-posting a post/thread in multiple threads/forums may be considered spam if there isn't a specific need for doing so. Please consult a staff member before making a mass copied post or thread.
  • Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.
As you can see, you posted this same topic earlier on the general thread. Moreover, if you need to add content to a previous post, such as in the case of this thread, use the edit function. For this last reason, I have merged your posts.

It seems as though you intend to use this thread as a discussion on the applications of Marth's Perfect Pivot's in the game. If this is the case, it would be great if you made a change in your first post to indicate the purpose in a clearer manner.

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Hey there @ dizney dizney . First of all, welcome to Smashboards! The Terms of Service and Rules of Smashboards indicates that a post may be considered Spam when:
  • Re-posting a post/thread in multiple threads/forums may be considered spam if there isn't a specific need for doing so. Please consult a staff member before making a mass copied post or thread.
  • Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.
As you can see, you posted this same topic earlier on the general thread. Moreover, if you need to add content to a previous post, such as in the case of this thread, use the edit function. For this last reason, I have merged your posts.

It seems as though you intend to use this thread as a discussion on the applications of Marth's Perfect Pivot's in the game. If this is the case, it would be great if you made a change in your first post to indicate the purpose in a clearer manner.
My fault, it was late when I posted and wasn't really thinking straight xD Thank you for letting me know though, won't happen again!

Top Bottom