• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth and sheiks grab

MetalGearLink

Smash Apprentice
I really hate sheik's and marth's grab they can magially grab you from meters away of the reach of their arms afther 4 years it gets anoying!!!! I hope no characters in brawl have magic grabs..... is just too anoying

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
yeah i hate marth's grab to.
but is the grab distance really depending on the lenght of the char's arms?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
His dash grab is the one with the range on it. If it misses, it can be easily punished. His JC grab (or standing grab) range should be about the same as Falcon's JC grab.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Marth's grab is pretty fricking annoying sometimes, I have to admit. At times, it seems like I'm literally sucked into it.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Chain-grabbing's the real problem, not range. Any infinates need to be done away with in Brawl.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
The only chaingrab even worth complaining about is Sheiks and it doesnt even work with every character.Its not broken and can be avoided.

None of the chaingrabs are infinite only ice climbers can stake the claim but its very difficult to pull off.

Why would you want to dumb down the characters and the game in general.This stuff is there so advance players or players who wish to be advance can enjoy the game at a higher level.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
The only chaingrab even worth complaining about is Sheiks and it doesnt even work with every character.Its not broken and can be avoided.

None of the chaingrabs are infinite only ice climbers can stake the claim but its very difficult to pull off.

Why would you want to dumb down the characters and the game in general.This stuff is there so advance players or players who wish to be advance can enjoy the game at a higher level.
Who said anything about chaingrabs being broken? Or anything about dumbing-down the game? Last I checked, this thread was about how annoying it is to see such moves done to you.

Surely there is a grab, combo, or particular tactic in this game that you find slightly annoying when it is done to you...?

OneOutOfManyMore

Smash Rookie
I think Kirby is probably more messed up than Marth or Shiek. At least they have arms, he just has those little stubs. I cant figure out how he reaches as far as he does.

lengeta

Smash Ace
There are plenty of 0-low% to death chains. They may not be guaranteed, but if you know what your doing they are. Any such combo is broken. Marth and Shiek are broken enough without their godly grabs and grab chains, there's plenty there to complain about IMO.

Smash Master
Isn't Marth's grab range longer than Yoshi's. It is annoying, but there are many weird hitboxes in this game, so whatever.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Shiek's grab isn't that bad really. Marth's arm, however, is longer then Yoshi's friggin tongue. Now THAT'S broken.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman

Sheik is broken as far as I'm concerned. Not for tourney play, but Sheik has broken the game for casual players. Also, her chaingrab has made some decent characters obsolete.

Velious

Smash Rookie
Sheik is broken as far as I'm concerned. Not for tourney play, but Sheik has broken the game for casual players. Also, her chaingrab has made some decent characters obsolete.
qft

also, as a falco player i must agree marth's grab is horribly annoying

Top Bottom