• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth and Sheik doubles team questions

JoJoe

Smash Rookie
Just wondering what role each character should take, like whether Marth or Sheik should be the aggressor or the supporter.
Also wondering what kind of synergy they can provide for each other. And what characters do you think give this team the most trouble, that Sheik and Marth should focus on and isolate from its partner the most.

I think whoever is in front should be the aggressor. Having stage space is rather important. If you both get crowded near the ledge its harder for you to support each other and more easily to attack each other. The benefit of teams is that should the point man get hit the back-up players can punish the person who attacked your team's point man.

So I believe the main point to teams is to create as many favorable situations for your team as possible. This means both of you not getting hit much, maintaining control of the stage and opponents to the outside of the stage, and trying to maintain 2v1 situations. By 2v1 I mean as one of you engages 1 opponent the other player is there to support (such as maybe covering roll to center stage) or simply punishing the opponent if your teammate loses the engagement. Usually while the 2nd opponent is to far away to interfere.

However, in the long run Sheik is stronger in a cluster than Marth is and I think its better for Marth in this team to try pulling option coverage. However, there will clearly be times where Marth will have to take point or aggression to save Sheik/try to take stage. I mean if Sheik is recovering and Marth is on the ledge Marth should try to get back on stage to make it easier for Sheik to recover despite the risk to his character.

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Marth has a few more ways to just create a wall of hitboxes, and Sheik can support from farther using needles. Grabbing someone as Sheik needles to grab break people to their doom is also quite hilarious. If grab becomes the best move to approach with, Marth's throws are faster, so the enemy has less time to try to punish him for using them. At the same, Marth can more readily and easily do faster devastating combos to the enemy on his own, and Sheik's slower throws, and tilts that setup for grabs and fairs can keep the opponent out. While Marth's sword can create a wall and be used to exert pressure, from grounded positions, Sheik can properly punish attempts to escape safe pressure a bit easier. Marth's dtilt is amazing, and generally one of the best normals in Neutral. Sheik has plenty of active anti-airs and strong Keep away moves she can do to cover other avenues, and Marth can commit to dashing forward after hitting with a dtilt without having much worry for the opponent going behind if Sheik stays close.

Marth's utilt can send opponents back to Sheik behind for a pickup.

Super unsafe, but high reward moves like fsmash can be covered for by Sheik from long distances, or closeby.

Top Bottom