• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth and Lucario vs. Diddy

OverLade

Smash Hero
I was browsing the matchup thread and didn't see anything about these two characters, but I've seen them doing well vs. Diddy in tournaments/videos.

So I was wondering how the diddy players feel about these matchups. Lucario and Marth approach in a similar manner that I think works well vs. Diddy, but anyone have any personal opinions about the matchups?

I'm in need of a diddy counter, Falco works well but the nature of the matchup is still frustrating. I play marth and Lucario well but I'd like to know how well they work.

CO18

Smash Hero
The MK and Falco main is need of a diddy counter. Quick guys help or he'll lose every match!

DUB

Smash Lord
I don't like playing Marth's too much. They tend to stay aerial and can apply pretty good pressure on you to keep you from getting naners out. The entire matchup is full of momentum swings. It's in marths favor.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I don't like playing Marth's too much. They tend to stay aerial and can apply pretty good pressure on you to keep you from getting naners out. The entire matchup is full of momentum swings. It's in marths favor.
I like the sound of that.

Marth and Lucario have similar approaches, so Im hoping they both work well since my Lucario is currently better than my marth XD.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm actually picking up Kirby as a potential Falco counter. On paper the matchup is listed as 6:4 in Kirby's favor. what's your opinion on it?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Halberd, you're not going to get any better than falco. Abuse the lasers more, and just play it cool. Falco has a nice glide toss and his SH phantasms go over the bananas. I two stocked keitaro's falco in tourney XD

Lucario is annoying only on wifi, offline he's a much easier matchup but he can be really pesty. Marth is good against diddy, but still diddy can do well against him with good spacing and strategy. Stop johning diddy has no real counters. Falco is the closest thing either that or olimar. You got to get real good with olimar though. you ain't a real falco if diddy annoys you :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
Halberd, you're not going to get any better than falco. Abuse the lasers more, and just play it cool. Falco has a nice glide toss and his SH phantasms go over the bananas. I two stocked keitaro's falco in tourney XD

Lucario is annoying only on wifi, offline he's a much easier matchup but he can be really pesty. Marth is good against diddy, but still diddy can do well against him with good spacing and strategy. Stop johning diddy has no real counters. Falco is the closest thing either that or olimar. You got to get real good with olimar though. you ain't a real falco if diddy annoys you :D
Lol. I'm willing to allow my skill win me the matchup, but I don't like frustrating matchups. Meta can beat Diddy just fine, but it's extremely annoying to play. I know it sounds like I'm looking for an easy way out, but if I can use most of the high tiers very well then I will if it'll make things less annoying.

And Im not johning lol, Im just bein lazy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lol. I'm willing to allow my skill win me the matchup, but I don't like frustrating matchups. Meta can beat Diddy just fine, but it's extremely annoying to play. I know it sounds like I'm looking for an easy way out, but if I can use most of the high tiers very well then I will if it'll make things less annoying.

And Im not johning lol, Im just bein lazy.
you can't beat diddy by being lazy.

Top Bottom