• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth alt poll!

Which Marth alternate costume is your favourite?

• Total voters

Fogs

Smash Cadet
So, I recently made a few polls for some of my favourite characters, and since the results until now were interesting decided to make some more. This is Marth's!
Basically, you vote for the alt costume you consider your favourite, or the one you use the most. Maybe post some comments too?
(The costumes are in order, in case you're wondering, since two of them are quite similar to each other...)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
My Marth is always the white costume. Not entirely sure why at this point, but it is xD White can symbolise both purity/goodness as well as death in other cultures, but I'd say I tilt with the former

ShortRound

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShortRound
Aren't Marth's "classic colors" supposed to be based on Roy's colors? Anyway, that's the one I always use.

Fogs

Smash Cadet
Aren't Marth's "classic colors" supposed to be based on Roy's colors? Anyway, that's the one I always use.
Oh, they are? I thought they were based on his original appeareance in fire emblem or something... Are those the one I named "deep blue" then?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Default shouldn't be a choice if the question is asking what the favorite alt costume is :p

Default >= Blue > Red/Green/Roy > Black/White > Gold in my opinion. But the degree of separation is incredibly small between each group.

Khao

Smash Lord
My favorite's green. It's not super flashy or fancy or whatever, I just think the palette works really well.

Once I get my Marth amiibo (yes, I'm getting that **** as ugly as it is) I'm gonna paint it green so it matches the in-game costume. (and also add/improve on a few details if I'm up for it.)

Fogs

Smash Cadet
My favorite's green. It's not super flashy or fancy or whatever, I just think the palette works really well.

Once I get my Marth amiibo (yes, I'm getting that **** as ugly as it is) I'm gonna paint it green so it matches the in-game costume. (and also add/improve on a few details if I'm up for it.)
Nice! Wish I was talented enough to modify my own future amiibos too... lol

ShortRound

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShortRound
Oh, they are? I thought they were based on his original appeareance in fire emblem or something... Are those the one I named "deep blue" then?
No you got the "deep blue" one right. The one you labeled "classic colors" is the one that should be Roy's colors. Its really no big deal though. Classic Marth was more of a light blue and didn't wear pants.

Last edited:

MitoRequiem

Smash Cadet
I literally use all of them except Red haha, but I guess my favorite would be the Roy one.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

If you went by the in-game order, the one you labelled "classic colours" is the Roy colours.

to actually answer the thread, I go for black Marth.

Last edited:

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Black/gold is my color because it has the coolest looking design to me, especially the ballin ass cape!

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
Used to rep black Marth in Melee, but since they kind of ruined it by tinting the inside of the cape bright orange, probably changing to Red/Blue.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
red, but gold is a really close second.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm digging the white and the Roy. I wish the Roy costume had a red hair color. I like how Lucina's hair changes color.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I alternate between red, yellow (golden), and white. I like them mostly equally though I find myself leaning towards the golden colour most.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
I'll alternate a fair bit, but only really between white and the blue.

Owangepuffs

Smash Rookie
No love for deep blue? That's my go-to color for Marth.

White as well since Leif (the character this color references) is one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters.

Then it's 50/50 between default and Roy.

Reaca

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reaca1461
Roy colors are the the best without a doubt. The other colors are pretty good, but you can't compare to my boy Roy.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I use Red Marth because I usually go for the red color in fighting games and Ken is one of my favorite pro smash players. My second favorite is the Roy color.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
It's a tie between Black/Orange, Deep Blue and Green colors, having a hard time deciding what I want to "represent myself as a Marth main", the way I think of it in my head anyways.

Top Bottom