• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth 1.1.1 Patch Changes

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Shield Breaker (Uncharged): Shield Damage: 30 > 25
All Getup Attacks: Shield Damage: 10 > 8

Some change to back roll and airdodge?

-'{19, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 31, 4}'
+'{18, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 31, 4}'
-'{19, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 33, 3}'
+'{18, 0, IASA?=1, 0, 33, 3}'

The parameters are in different slots than than were before (but the diff doesn't show that?), and airdodge seems completely different. It used to end on F27, now 18?

Last edited:

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
Hope Marth gets a buff to fair, dair, throws and maybe something else. I'm gonna save this post for something just in case marth gets something awesome that everyone has to see it.

Ako.

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlippinFilipino
we all expecting buffs, but how sad will it be if he gets nerfed?

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Patch has finished installing, replays are broken. Let's go find out what's new.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Instantly dropping Marth until he gets rebuffs
Hell, we should call for a Marth strike.

Make Nintendo hear our disdain.

Enough about hypotheticals, I have to start testing soon.

First thing I see is that there is no "patch notes". Nothing says gameplay has been tweaked.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Placebo may be happening but Marth feels a slight bit quicker to act out of his aerials.

Ako.

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlippinFilipino
Can confirm, jab 1 into fsmash and up smash a true combo now.

Video below
JK, didnt even know the patch is here already

A_Kae

Smash Ace
F-throw seems to have either less KB or less ending lag. Crescent slash combos from fthrow on marth without moving as high as 90%. I'm almost certain that stopped working at about 70ish before.

Edit: Also, fthrow > fair seems to work for a lot longer than it used to.

Last edited:

Ako.

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlippinFilipino
Nair does 1% more now, the hilt, tilt, 2nd hit hilt and tilt

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
Well guys, our active frames are still ****, auto cancels are still impossible to use practically, throws are still useless for combos, and out forward spacing moves (fair, ftilt, dtilt) are still laggy as hell. GG's nintendo.

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
F-throw seems to have either less KB or less ending lag. Crescent slash combos from fthrow on marth without moving as high as 90%. I'm almost certain that stopped working at about 70ish before.

Edit: Also, fthrow > fair seems to work for a lot longer than it used to.
Everything is same to me. Fthrow fair doesn't work with DI still. You're testing on cpu's with no di

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Everything is same to me. Fthrow fair doesn't work with DI still. You're testing on cpu's with no di
Yes, I know it doesn't work with DI, but didn't it stop showing as a true combo after 10% before? It's working as high as 25 now.

Edit: Seems like fthrow is the same from thinkaman's checks. Oh well.

Not yet. I'll get it updated soon though.

Last edited:

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
Hey guys, they actually nerfed us. Shield damage changed from 30 to 25 on Marth and Lucina. I'm really really mad. No other changes to either character.

Last edited:

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Down spike hit box is definitely more forgiving. I did not just magically learn how to do it perfectly every single attempt.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Down spike hit box is definitely more forgiving. I did not just magically learn how to do it perfectly every single attempt.
Unless there was an animation change (which I doubt would happen), dair shouldn't be different. Thinkaman says that the only code change was SB's shield damage. That means no hitbox size increase.

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
So there already has been a data analysis? Sorry I was just quick to post about it without proof really as I had 5 minutes before leaving for work (in transit now).

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Jeez.... what's the matter with those people at Sakurai's team???? So out of everything they could do with Marth they nerf ShieldBreaker?
It was already so frustrating how many times I could hit shields with SB but always seams I needed to charge a split of a second longer because the shields resist. Now the move will be useless unless you really take the time to charge.

Meanwhile Mewtwo keeps getting those cheap "shield breaks" 10 out of 10 with Disable... fair.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
So. ****ing. Pissed.

Please someone find something good for us. Anything.

Last edited:

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Well..Ill see if they buff link and that may influence on me dropping marth until next update

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
I mean, Shield Breaker was already hella unsafe on shield anyway
Like the only thing it was ever good for is how strong it is on hit, and that's unchanged
IMO the shield damage nerf is virtually meaningless

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Meh the SB nerf seems pretty inconsequential. Looks like it was part of a small global change to shield damage moves. DK received a similar nerf too.

Does Thinkaman's dump include end lag or landing lag changes?

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I need to see it in action but I´m not sure I agree it is meaningless. I incorporate SB a lot in my playstyle against some characters and many times their shields get tiny but don't break (with a bit charging). It's a powerful tool against defensive players but now I want to see how many times I'll be able to break shields.

Also I don't understand why this move should receive the treatment of a general wave of global change to shield damage when the move is called ShieldBreaker. It's its thing, if not it's a move like any other.

Lashurn

Smash Rookie
NNID
HexDarkWolf360
3DS FC
1075-1404-4255
Sooooo...Basically i have to charge SB for liiike, what...little over an actual second than a few seconds?

great.
just...

Here have a looney for your kids, a toony for your wife, mILK IN BAGS--SCREW IT IM OUTTA HERE

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Funny comment on reddit about the nerf:

"Dem casuls kept holding shield and then der frend comes in with his like 17th fully charged shielder breaker and break his shield for like the 3rd time so sackeri is all like BETTER NERF THAT ****."

ShiroSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sycho-Ashura777
3DS FC
5026-4570-3155
HOW THE HELL DO YOU NERF MARTH'S SIGNATURE.....whyyy...

Last edited:
Top Bottom