• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maritime Smash event in the works! need input

AtLANtic Gaming

Smash Rookie
hey guys, TL;DR at bottom

me and my friends host and run gaming events in the Maritime's. we had out first event last November and was pretty successful running only one game (halo 4). were in the process of planning our next event, and we want to include more games this time around to hopefully get more people involved.

since we don't have a date set for the event, its not fully in gear to happen just yet, which is why i'm posting here and not in the tournament section. it would be nice to run both Melee and Brawl at the event, but we may be only able to run one of the two. which brings me to the meat and potatoes of this post; which game, if we can only do one, would you the smash community rather play? Melee or Brawl?

it would be a great help to us if you guys could let us know, we dont want to run a game that no one wants to attend to and play. Event details (dates, place, rules) should be released this coming week on our FB pages.

FB pages:

http://www.facebook.com/atlanticgamingleague?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/groups/atLANticGaming/?fref=ts

TL;DR

planning an Event in the Maritime's, would appreciate input on which game to run, Melee or Brawl.

(also, i tried to make this a poll, but i couldnt figure out how :/)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
So I feel like I need to reply to this lol. I checked out the facebook pages and you guys reside at unb in freddy(I live in fred)? I'd like to talk to you guys if you see this.

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
Monctonian here. Hook some **** up around the GMA, Sackville, Amherst or anywhere in that region and you can bet me and my boy JerFlip will be there. If it's big enough, we'll venture out pretty much anywhere in NB though

I actually started a FB group for smashers around Moncton in an effort to kickstart a competitive community. Unfortunately, I only reached friends and acquaintances who play casually and so far all of my attempts to organize events have flopped. I have organized and helped out with events before (I used to be in a band and organized a couple local shows), so if you ever need anyone in the Moncton area, I'm down to help however I can :)

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
BTW, i checked out your links, i liked the page and requested to join the group. honestly, i only really play melee at a decently high level. i would also be interested in playing other fighters too, if anyone's into that (specifically SF4, BlazBlue and P4A)

dorey747

Smash Rookie
100% melee, brawl is an awful game at a competitive level. where at? I live in halifax

Isley

Smash Rookie
As a returning smash player id love to see some melee tournament in the maritimes (halifax myself), ive been getting back into it and friends arent the ideal competition

Jp3

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'd like to post here as a reminder that this was an event that has already happened last year.
HOWEVER, I'm proud to annouce that we'll be hosting another one this year in the same location (Fredericton NB) That'll be one of, if not the biggest smash events in Atlantic Canada!

Message me for anymore info!

Top Bottom