• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marios slide can spike?!?!

xthefirstvictimx

Smash Rookie
so i was fighting online against a Captain Falcon and he was holding on the edge. the first time i did it he jumped off the ledge and tried to attack me and it sent him diagonally down away from the stage. it also happened again in the same fight with him just holding the ledge. is this something known?

tonkamike

Smash Rookie
Most likely what happened is that he got stage spiked. Mario's dash attack usually sends them diagonally in the opposite direction mario is attacking from. So because he was near the edge is smacked him against the ledge and sent him diagonally. That sounds like what happened. It's a nice find but the odds of there being a time to use it without getting hit isn't likely.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Really??

This is gonna be useful for my Ike loving friend.... hehehe

What's the damage needed?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but every time I try this, it doesn't work. The opponent just gets hit and goes above the ledge. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

DAVEEED

Smash Rookie
marios slide got mega-nerfed from melee, it has no range now :(. I hope I'm wrong but usually when I've dash attacked people on the ledge it shoots them upward at about a 45 degree angle behind me, I agree with everyone here it's probably high percentages.

Definitely noteworthy, good find xfirstvictimx.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Can someone post a video of this?

So far I have been unsuccessful unless the damage was 100+%

Top Bottom