• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marios new move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PM-

Smash Ace
so pretty much his down b is no longer the tornado! its now this squirt thing from Super Mario Sunshine (one of my favorite games ^^)

but anyways what do you think will be uses for this? maybe against falco cause it might have some good range? or maybe squirt - WD - fireball - WD grab?

what do you think the possibility's for this move will be and do you think this is even a good move cause i sure as heck do. =D

-PM-

Smash Ace
yea but alot of marios might not see it cause of all the brawl stuff going around there so i just put it here lol

if the mods really want to they can delete it though

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yes this should be in the Brawl section and I think it would work better as an edge guard then a combo set up seeing how it's a charge thing probably like Marth's B...not Samus' B

mario-man

Smash Lord
I think there should be two of them. One here, one in Brawl Discussion.

On topic.
I'm startin to think that Brawl is gonna be one of the crappiest games EVER!!! All these new updates are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO n00bish. I mean, unless the actual movesets can be altered in options, then Brawl will indeed suck.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I definitely have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, F.L.U.D.D. will most likely turn out to be an amazing long distance edgeguarding tool, which would aid Mario greatly.
On the other hand however, the tornado is replacing either Dair or Nair (probably Nair), which could either somehow end up being amazing due to its new seemingly little lag properties OR... suck horribly.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
I dont think the makers play this game competitively and are trying to appeal to the younger kids crowd?

mario-man

Smash Lord
They absoltely are. At least, if they aren't, then we were stupid to ever trrust them. I kinda sorta hope it's the first one, yet not if you understand.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
It will really depend on if the move takes away momentum; a long-distance Short-Hop tornado could be amazing. After all, the hitbox looks huge and the move seems to drag foes into it.

If tapping the button fast still allows you to gain height, this could help diversify mario's recovery. Allowing you to knock away edgeguarders with F.L.U.D.D. etc.

Another note about F.L.U.D.D is that it's usefulness will likely be determined by if you can store the charged shot.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Thats not TOO bad, though d-air can be useful T_T. Why did they have to keep tornado.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
prob wont let u float with it anymore, hitting down a is harder than tapping b xD.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
A theory that someone had in a brawl section thread was that F.L.U.D.D. would be his STANDING down-B while the tornado would be his AERIAL down-B.

I really like this idea and so dearly hope that it is right.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
ooo, theres a way to make everyone happy, but shouldnt make smash too complicated.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
ahaha, i would just let myself die instead of do that.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
but what if you could use a charged fludd in mid air to help yourself move horizontally?

or even, vertically!!

i mean you can hover in sunshine, why not brawl??

and i hope i can still have my dair, i do a falling dair to grab that works everytime, because it wears the shield down just enough to connect underneath when you hit the ground.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
cause the stages go down infinitely and by the time the water hits the floor that doesnt exist, ur dead.

Eggz

Smash Hero
The first two games worked out well, why wouldn't the others? Everything will piece together in the end, just wait for it, and don't make useless speculations about how good the game will be until after it is released.

On topic, this looks like its gonna be a really really broken edgeguarding tool.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
hehe, lets not say its super broken until the game comes out so then they cant change it.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
it doesnt have to hit the ground, thats too realistic lol

it should just stretch to the bottom of the screen and float you around, and if it doesnt theres always a chance of horizontal movement

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Nah, that would be awkward since you would have to have your back to the stage. I think it will just spray water.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well now, I'm gonna have to be more open now. Eggz thinks it'll be a good game sooo.... I'll have to wait on my verdict I guess. I do hope he's right though.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
His new attack should hit the whole map and auto k.o. everything. That would be nice.

Tujex

Smash Ace
And Mario still wouldn't be able to beat Fox.....

Lol
Lol, unless they nerf the crap out of Fox...or boost the crap out of Mario......this'll be so true.

But I'm more concerned about the return of the Cape, a boost to his fireballs,...and maybe alternations that may effect his Uppercut.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Lol, unless they nerf the crap out of Fox...or boost the crap out of Mario......this'll be so true.

But I'm more concerned about the return of the Cape, a boost to his fireballs,...and maybe alternations that may effect his Uppercut.
The cape has already been confirmed in the E3 06 trailer, I'm not sure about the fireball stun, and his uppercut is the same in the Nintendo World trailer. Go check out the Smash Dojo site and watch the trailer if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom