• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Match-Up Chart thread

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i tried to bair him but he was really good at avoiding it and was really good at teleporting. i grabbed the ledge (if he didnt have a double jump). the ledgehog means he can only do two things: either teleport onto the stage or fall to his doom.
if i saw he was teleporting onto the stage, i wavelanded on the stage and either d-smashed or f-smash. if he was at low percentage i grabbed and either threw him off the stage for another chance to kill him or cg'd him depending on what i thought would be better in the situation.

sometimes they'll jump to the conclusion that you're going to jump onto the stage so they'll try to be tricky and teleport to grab the edge anyway, so just make sure you know for sure that he's teleporting onto the stage. if he's trying to grab the edge, just roll on to the stage and let him fall of course haha.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
actually, I posted for this awhile back and j3ly answered :
(this isn't what j3ly said, but this is what he said plus my thoughts)
first off lets get this straight. sheik's recovery is bad. she makes up for it in priority and tilts and ****, but if the sheik is offstage then you have more of an advantage than you do against other characters
sheiks are going to DJ first, as will anybody, and from here it may benefit you to go for the bair
a sheik who is paying attention to the match will eventually be throwing out a fair on their DJ to keep you away. assume sheiks do this anyway when you get the first edgeguard of the game. if they don't, go for the bair and that should be a stock
in the situtation that the sheik does fair your best bet is to just stay right next to the ledge
(personal choice of mine is grab the ledge on : FoD, Dreamland, FD, pokemon stadium, because then they are left with the option of going on stage, from which you can just ledgehop to ****)
sheik's gay
mario rules
<3

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
actually, I posted for this awhile back and j3ly answered :
(this isn't what j3ly said, but this is what he said plus my thoughts)
first off lets get this straight. sheik's recovery is bad. she makes up for it in priority and tilts and ****, but if the sheik is offstage then you have more of an advantage than you do against other characters
sheiks are going to DJ first, as will anybody, and from here it may benefit you to go for the bair
a sheik who is paying attention to the match will eventually be throwing out a fair on their DJ to keep you away. assume sheiks do this anyway when you get the first edgeguard of the game. if they don't, go for the bair and that should be a stock
in the situtation that the sheik does fair your best bet is to just stay right next to the ledge
(personal choice of mine is grab the ledge on : FoD, Dreamland, FD, pokemon stadium, because then they are left with the option of going on stage, from which you can just ledgehop to ****)
sheik's gay
mario rules
<3
haaha that's precisely what i said! except he'd rather ledgehop instead of waveland which is good too

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
haha what? what'd he say different? he added on about what to do if a sheik doesnt f-air, but no good sheik would let you b-air them, so ledgehogging -> waveland (or shorthop) -> death would be ideal.

Edit: unless you're playing an inexperienced sheik.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
How many Mario mains are there as of now? I think if we have a low number, we should all pick a different Mario color (for the lulz). I pick original colors.

But aside from that relatively pointless proposition, we should have a Mario rankings thread.

Mario v Doc/Mario Ditto 50/50
Mario v Luigi 55/45 or 50/50

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i really have no idea. I just assumed doc had the advantage since he was higher tier. idk

EDIT: Jiggs 60 40 her favor?
i'd say 65 35 or 70 30 in Jiggs favor.
we cant gimp em, and we lack the kill moves to kill her, gotta get lucky and find a time to u-smash or space a f-smash which isnt easy, jiggs has better spacing options. meanwhile she can gimp the crap out of us and live forever.

doc i'd say 50/50
he's got more kill moves (because of that f-air) but our d-throw ****. we can get in a little cg at low percentage, and then follow-up with an f-smash, and then gimp. but he can gimp us just as well as we can gimp him.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Slow down there is alot more discussion to be had on both.

I agree with those matchup %'s too. Maybe with mario at a 55/45 advantage over doc but meh so pedantic its pointless.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Slow down there is alot more discussion to be had on both.

I agree with those matchup %'s too. Maybe with mario at a 55/45 advantage over doc but meh so pedantic its pointless.
55/45 is typically a negligible adv/disadvantage so I'd settle with even tbh.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario probably beats Doc slightly. Like really slightly, but the matchup is in his favor just because of F-smash alone. Doc really doesn't have a good answer for punishing Mario's F-smash.

Btw I'd like to just say...Mario beats the Ice Climbers. I just love how gay Mario is to the Ice Climbers. =)

n0ne

Smash Ace
Once Doc is off the stage, hes pretty much dead if u use ledge invincibility correctly.
Mario...... not so much because of his better recovery. sometimes u gotta recover high with him tho.
Mario v doc....... 55-45 marios favor

jiggly... is kind of hard... while recovering.. mario needs to know when to use up-b for those invincibility frames.. recovering high against her is good also
Mario v Jiggly..... hmmm.. 55-45 Jigglys favor

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
try FH DL with falco, which is the control stick movement for uair blind (if you use the c stick for aerials. which you should) once you can do that try the uair blind and copy ur fav players

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I'm more legitimate than Barack Obama and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the same airplane

OMFG EVERY THREAD ON THE MARIO BOARDS IS SOCIAL
I'M LEARNING NOTHING

Top Bottom