• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Ledge Sweet Spotting Issues

Seven11

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble finding out exactly what makes Mario (or Luigi, for that matter) sweet-spot catch the ledge with his Up+B. I've seen many videos where people consistently ledge catch with it, and it frustrates me to no end because I've lost many stocks because Mario wont catch the edge when I need him to. Any help will be appreciated.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Even though brawl's engine made it much easier to sweetspot, you still have to be somewhat accurate. I still usually aim below where I intend to be (the ledge in your case) and I'll sweetspot it.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
its not really a Mario problem as much as it is a stage problem, FD you can no longer slide up the side, PS1 you get caught under the lip and then there are certain stages with ledges that disappear or are broken (skyworld, frig, etc)

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Even though brawl's engine made it much easier to sweetspot, you still have to be somewhat accurate. I still usually aim below where I intend to be (the ledge in your case) and I'll sweetspot it.
OK, I'll try working with this a bit. Ive noticed with other characters (namely the space animals) some of them can't catch the edge at all if they come from above it with their Up+B, even if directed straight at the edge.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What Matador said. You actually have to somewhat aim for the ledge. You can't actually just let your momentum slide you up the wall to the sweetspot.

Oh, and if you hold down while Up-Bing, you will always miss the ledge. Not extremely useful for Mario partly because it's difficult for Mario to pull off.

Top Bottom