• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Final Smash should've been...

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I saw a similar topic on the Link boards, and decided to start one here. What do you think would've been a good FS for Mario?

Myself, I think Fire Mario would've been a good idea. You know, he gets that white and red outfit and his attacks get seriously buffed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Anything would have been better for Mario as an FS seriously. His FS is just way too simple and doesn't seem to pack as much punch as other FSes.

He could have been Caped Mario, Starman Mario, or I dunno, if you've played Mario Power Tennis then think of his offensive power shot where he swings his hammer.

Gindler

Smash Champion
It's a good final smash, if you get hit with it it just keeps pushing you til you go out of bounds. It's always a 1 shot kill if you hit the people with it.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
One idea, he could get real big, like in New Super Mario Bros. Sort of like Giga-Bowser's I suppose.
Another idea, he get's his red star from Super Mario Galaxy and can just fly anywhere, but also have buffed attacks.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
It's a good final smash, if you get hit with it it just keeps pushing you til you go out of bounds. It's always a 1 shot kill if you hit the people with it.
Actually, the push doesn't guarantee a KO, especially when DI'ed (can you DI it?), but even when you escape it, it's a little difficult to recover, especially for Ike, due to the nature of his recovery.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of Invincible Mario when U get a star and crash through your opponents. Its his signature and its in most mario games. or turn into raccoon mario

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I like mario's fs I mean seriously why would you want fire mario if he already has an alternate costume and his fs is already has to do with fire and why would people want starman since that is an item and the cape (forward b) even though it sucks
Since mario is the most simple character of all and (for some people he is the best) he got that simple fs

limitbreak

Smash Ace
If anything, he could have had star Mario. But that is just silly because thats not even seem like a final smash, especially with a star being an item. I think his FS is one of the coolest looking in the game.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I never said Mario's FS was exactly bad, but I just think they could have done something better for Mario.

Spartan1841 said:
I like mario's fs I mean seriously why would you want fire mario if he already has an alternate costume and his fs is already has to do with fire and why would people want starman since that is an item and the cape (forward b) even though it sucks
Since mario is the most simple character of all and (for some people he is the best) he got that simple fs
Simple? Wait, what? Mario by far is probably one of Nintendo's best developed characters ever...Just because he doesn't like....talk....doesn't mean that Nintendo didn't develop him at all. Just look at the huge variety of the games he has.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Change Mario in to Mario from Super Mario Bros all pixelated and made him hella fast and buff.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Any FS for Mario should be alright. Mario's FS is really unusual and in some circumstances it is completely worthless but if someone uses it correctly, it can deal a serious amount of damage.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
A small buidling appears in the background...look closely and you will see that it says "MKU". For what? Well, once Mario runs into the buidling, after a few seconds, he comes back out holding a diploma, and wearing scrubs and a stethascope. MKU must have been Mushroom Kingdom University! Mario is now Dr. Mario! For the length of the final smash, viruses come raining down from the top of the screen causing damage to all players, but Dr. Mario is protected since he has the cure.

For the rest of the match, Mario is now Dr. Mario and has his moves from Melee (some may be slightly adjusted), including the Doc Tornado.

(Of course I know this wouldn't really be any good for a lot of people, but ****it I want to play Doc)

Keelan1013

Smash Rookie
Any FS for Mario should be alright. Mario's FS is really unusual and in some circumstances it is completely worthless but if someone uses it correctly, it can deal a serious amount of damage.
When is Mario's FS worthless?

kellerdood32

Smash Cadet
his fs is really stupid it has nothing to do with him, its still good but his fs shouldve been more unique. i suggest he could eat a mushroom and get huge like giga bowser, or he could go to a cutscene (like c falcon) and he would grab everyone and spin around and throw em into bombs like the n64 one. As he threw them hed say So-Long-E-Bowser

Prax

Smash Journeyman
I think the idea about him getting the starman power and crashing through everyone sounds like a good idea. He would have a little more knockback than super sonic but would not be able to fly.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I think the idea about him getting the starman power and crashing through everyone sounds like a good idea. He would have a little more knockback than super sonic but would not be able to fly.
Great idea, such a shame we're stuck with the Finale.

Not that the Mario Finale sucks or anything.

Xkore

Smash Rookie
I cant believe some of you think his FS is weak.

Granted it doesnt fit his character very well but my god, it is strong.

Top Bottom