• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marios extended dash dance

Samlage

Smash Cadet
Right, so what I want to know is how useful dash techs are to marios game.

While i can consistently do extended dash dancing with falcon and mac, I cant seem to find the rythm for mario. I'm almost starting to think he doesnt have one, or that the speed needed to input the controlstick in order to perform it is the same as a regular dashdance.

The only movement option i can do reliably are perfect pivots, but the uses for it at my level of play are slim.

Do you people suggest anything else in order to improve my neutral game vs characters with disjoints?

Thank you in advance.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Roughly the same as they are with any character. Feigning aggression, feigning defense, and just having more options in general while remaining mobile.

Samlage

Smash Cadet
I don't think something so specific to Mario like this does exist. But slow down your tempo. This is too fast for Mario.
Alright thanks! This should help since i was trying to do the opposite. Do it much faster than falcons. The reason being that as ive understood, i need to input >< within the initial > dash. And since marios initial dash distance travels shorter than falcon or lilmac, the time for input is shorter.

So this should mean that misinformation is being spread.

Last edited:

Zanarkan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zanarkan28
Yeah I learned the extended dash dance tech with Falcon like most people do. With Mario though the timing is A ****LOAD slower, I have gotten pretty good at it though since I started manning our favorite plumber. The best advice I can give is practice it a lot in between stocks in your matches and whenever you think your timing is slow enough, do it slower lol.

Hope you figure it out!

Samlage

Smash Cadet
Yeah I learned the extended dash dance tech with Falcon like most people do. With Mario though the timing is A ****LOAD slower, I have gotten pretty good at it though since I started manning our favorite plumber. The best advice I can give is practice it a lot in between stocks in your matches and whenever you think your timing is slow enough, do it slower lol.

Hope you figure it out!
I managed to do a single dance turnaround two or three times at separate sessions. The struggle is real lol..

I'm almost begging that someone who has mastered it records the tempo and uploads it to youtube or something. Damn, just hearing someone patting on their knees or drumming a box would be really helpful.

Zanarkan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zanarkan28
I managed to do a single dance turnaround two or three times at separate sessions. The struggle is real lol..

I'm almost begging that someone who has mastered it records the tempo and uploads it to youtube or something. Damn, just hearing someone patting on their knees or drumming a box would be really helpful.
Yeah man I will keep my eye out if I come across anything else that would help you. I just don't have any better way to describe how to pull it off.

Best of luck in your development!

Samlage

Smash Cadet
Yeah man I will keep my eye out if I come across anything else that would help you. I just don't have any better way to describe how to pull it off.

Best of luck in your development!
Welp, if its not too much to ask for, would the kind sir be willing to record you doing it on your twitch/youtube channel? If i can hear the "clacking" sound of the stick it'll be enough to replicate it. I think it might also generate views if you post a notification that you have it uploaded since I cant possibly be the only one who hasnt figured it out.

Even if not, thanks for taking the time to reply in this thread. Its appreciated nevertheless. :)

Top Bottom