• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Combo Game

ChouX

Smash Cadet
Here's the Video Link! (~2 min)

Hey everyone, I started playing Mario for a montage, but found that the character has some unique combo potential after labbing some things out. Check out the video I have up there for visualization. After watching Mario vods (DWizzy and Zenyou), I saw that some of the things I do I don't see too much at any level of play, which I think can be some of Mario's best combo extenders:

dthrow -> uair -> nair -> regrab/uair (30's ish)
falling reverse uair -> bair -> uair -> pretty much anything (40's ish)
bair -> grab/dtilt -> regrab (low percents)
uair -> uair -> fair

Also fireball confirms I see from Dark Wizzy, and I think are super good to set up Mario kills.

If anyone was curious I will be releasing the montage this weekend, it basically uses these set ups the entire way through, and I find them SUPER reliable in my experience.

Anyway, that's all from me, just trying to share some of the things I've been able to do with Mario, and if anyone has any confirmation whether or not these are consistent even with DI, please feel free to tell me ^_^

Edit: Here are the combos in action if anyone wanted to see 'em

Last edited:

Origamimaster04

Smash Rookie
I looked it up and down air does 12 ish and up air does 7 so it is marginally better

Last edited:

ChouX

Smash Cadet
yeah, but i find it's more optimal to go for uair->up b in most situations

Top Bottom