• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Cape

EarthMLG

Smash Cadet
NNID
Earthu
3DS FC
1693-2889-1535
How many frames does it take to come out? and when is this a good to time to use besides recoveries, and against projectiles?

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been messing around with cape mechanics lately. Trying to be innovative with a regular guy like Mario is a challenge, but well worth it. Here's some stuff that others including myself use for cape in neutral.

* Cape stall mixups when approaching/being approached (one of my favs)
* Turning around with it offstage for more accurate Bair hits
* Caping opponent's shield for free damage
* Throwing it out in neutral to throw off opponents (and for the lolz)

Those are probably the most common uses I've seen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong tho.
These next ones are some experimental stuff I've been hypothesizing for a bit. Still in the beginning stages, but when I bust em out in tournament I'll truly see how viable these strats are.

* Extra lift when edge guarding to catch high recoveries
* Using cape right before going off a ledge or platform for fast horizontal movement and extreme air-walking swag! (tight frame window)
* Wave Bounce cape for positioning and making the move safer

Use these at your own leisure. Could be viable, extremely situational, or straight up not good, but it's all part of the process. Hope these helped you get an idea on how to use cape in different ways and scenarios. Who says you can't be innovative with a reflecting move? Just look at Fox!

Top Bottom