• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marios awesome cape glitch

j3ly

Smash Champion
Not the lame one where he holds his cape, i saw on youtube today a Mario caping a Shieks ledge hopped fair. The shiek zoomed to the other side of the stage!! I have the swine flu so im not seeing any of my friends any time soon - can someone please please research into this, would make for some great mindgaming if you know when the opponent is going to attack from the ledge.

And sorry to whatever moderator for posting 3 topics so close together, but they are probably FAQ's noone wants to sift through Eggz and Mael's thread to find the awnser to.

Also.. stay tuned for a new Mario combo video... concepts not yet clocked by the masses, but clocked by me!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It works on a few characters. Realistically, I dont know why you'd want to give sheik THAT much distance from you if you have her in that close of a range with a bad spot.

j3ly

Smash Champion
ahhh sweet, thanks. may aswell lock the thread now lol :D

well i was thinking catch shieks fair with the last few frames of cape (if possible) same way that mario can reflect shl and fsmash nearly instantly. I may be blowing smoke but if you know shes going to zap to the other side of battlefield, fireball into fair+fsmash/grab.

Why are the mario forums the worst out of every forum!! We have an amazing underestimated broken character with 3 spikes or whatever you techical lovers want to call them (fair fireball, reverse extended upB) and no one seems to care.. ;'(

poor mario

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, first off, he doesnt have ANY spikes (not by the actual definition of a spike)

Second, none of the mario mains have really posted on the mario boards for years. It's enough that there arent really that many out there, but they just dont post here for various reasons.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
actually its all about timing. Mario's cape has to hit the opponents attack almost a split frame (im not sure how many frames but its very few i know that for sure) from the attack actually hitting mario. I

j3ly

Smash Champion
marios cape hits frame 4.. lets call it 5 frames in total..
1/8th of a second before the attack hits you

:S

unknown522

Some guy
Not the lame one where he holds his cape, i saw on youtube today a Mario caping a Shieks ledge hopped fair. The shiek zoomed to the other side of the stage!! I have the swine flu so im not seeing any of my friends any time soon - can someone please please research into this, would make for some great mindgaming if you know when the opponent is going to attack from the ledge.

And sorry to whatever moderator for posting 3 topics so close together, but they are probably FAQ's noone wants to sift through Eggz and Mael's thread to find the awnser to.

Also.. stay tuned for a new Mario combo video... concepts not yet clocked by the masses, but clocked by me!
Oh ****, we actually recorded this today. From ledge attack.

From what I know, it works on fox / falco / sheik. Maybe more.

If there's no vids of it, I'll ask afro chris to put it up.

Top Bottom