• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mario vs Doc

boss8

Smash Hero
is the fact that mario has more range then doc better,or is it the fact that doc is more powerful then mario better then him??? i don't now these things but against certain people i think it would be like this in my opinion if i was facing.......

peach/i use doc cause of his fair
fox/mario or doc cause fox sucks against them.
falco/doc pillrush or interupt the pillar.
capt falcon/mario hard for falcon to knee.

u get the point but who is better to use, in one on one situations,and in teams?? thanks for the help.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Its probably smarter to use Doc in the peach matchup; good call there.

Fox DOES NOT suck against Mario. the match is actually a bit in fox's favor; even if mario's CG game on him is sweet.

I don't know who'd work best on falco... I honestly suck against him XD

What the crap?! Mario is freaking perfect kneeing weight/falling speed. Though mario's combos on falcon are awesome... the imminent knee is freaking SCARY.

I suppose I didn't comment much on who would be better to use... but really, just use who you feel more comfortable with in the matchup. Though if you can use them interchangably I would probably say Doc for Floaties and Mario for Fast-Fallers. Doc is probably regarded as better for teams due to his KO power and downwards trajectory BAir, but I say it depends on who you're teamed with.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
vs. peach- mario, cause he is faster and you can really use his range against peach.
vs falco-doc, his pills

In teams, doc probably is better. like face said,he has better power that can be used in teams. I would also use him in singles just cause I like him better and he is generally easier to play with than mario for me. doc can also be comboed less easily even though he does fall faster, and he is less vulnerable in the air than mario.also, his fair kills marios, period.

I guess it reallyu depends on your preference, but it seems to me doc is better against most characters

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
vs. peach- mario, cause he is faster and you can really use his range against peach.
I dislike downtalking Mario, but he is really bad against Peach. Her and Marth are probably his hardest matchups.
Mario's F-smash does outrange Peach in most situations (except against her FAir if I remember correctly) but opprotunities to use it don't just come out of nowhere. His downsmash outranges hers, but it makes you auto crouch-cancel... and that is BAD against peach, making the move a bit less spammable. Then there's the fact that all of Mario's kill moves have a primarily horizontal trajectory... which doesn't kill peach.
Even though I really dislike doc, he is better in this matchup due to his FAir being a vertical kill move, and his pills disrupt Peach's flow much better than fireballs.

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
also..

fox- doc, cause of docs pills, strength, upb, and weight.

ganondorf- mario, cause he can run circles around gannondorf, and it is easier to kill ganondorf horizontally.

Top Bottom