• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Vidyaz.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Sorry for the quality, I'll hopefully have some nicer looking ones after this weekends tourney now that I have connections within the Smash Community here. Anyway, here ya go. These are all WiFi since I haven't gotten and tourney recordings yet. Hoping to change that tommorow.

vs ZSS | Smashville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQlzBQ4w58&feature=channel_page

vs Fox | Delfino Plaza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGVn5DIAWjU&feature=channel_page

vs Fox | Yoshi's Island
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlZLUh0he0&feature=channel_page

vs Mario | Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZkmYR51A0&feature=channel_page

Enjoy. Critique. lol at my quality.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Your Mario is interesting. Pretty creative actually. I watched your first vid vs ZSS. I'm impressed by the combos and your use of SH D-air as the combo starter.

That vid, I just thought you didn't do enough B-air. There were some situations like 0:37 where if you did a SH B-air instead of rolling away, you would have done better.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Lol, why does it seem like whenever I post videos there's a bunch of other Mario's that do?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah. There's alot of things I try and do, and I usually focus on one thing and do it the most. Which is bad. I tend to play worse online since I've been doing nothing but offline tourneys lately.

I think it was Kanzaki or Matador I saw that uses SHDair>Dair in a video agaisnt a Samus. I found it pretty intresting and started using it. Then I thought of using other aerials out of it and came up with SHDair>DJUair>Uair/Bair. The UpB usually never happens though. I also like using Utilt>Utilt>Utilt>UpB. That's a funny one.

Lol, why does it seem like whenever I post videos there's a bunch of other Mario's that do?
Because we love you..?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
SH D-air at low percents is a true combo starter. I mean, it has ZERO ending lag after the hitbox, so you can immediately double jump -> any aerial after a SH D-air at low percents and it will count as a combo in training mode.

This makes me really wish SH D-air had set knockback.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Because we love you..?
Indeed!

In any case, you seem to have a good grasp on Mario's aerial combos, but I can't fully judge you due to the fact that you cake-walked all those matches (except for the Mario ditto, which I didn't watch because I dislike dittos :|).

What I'm seeing thus far is that your utilization of your ground game could use some work. All I saw the majority of the time was U-tilt, D-throw, and D-Smash, but U-tilt especially as you continuously tried to roll to approach and use a u-tilt lock. Mario's ground game is not as important as his aerial game, but I believe utilizing it to it's fullest will give you a better pressure game overall. I'd love to see jab cancels and F-tilts more, but the main thing is that you should stop relying on U-tilt whenever you're close to an opponent.

Try to use N-air as a combo finisher whenever you get done with a U-tilt chain. It'll add some damage and also knock away your opponent so you have some breathing room.

That's about all I saw from those vids. Still can't believe that ZSS threw away her armor pieces, lol.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Indeed!

In any case, you seem to have a good grasp on Mario's aerial combos, but I can't fully judge you due to the fact that you cake-walked all those matches (except for the Mario ditto, which I didn't watch because I dislike dittos :|).

What I'm seeing thus far is that your utilization of your ground game could use some work. All I saw the majority of the time was U-tilt, D-throw, and D-Smash, but U-tilt especially as you continuously tried to roll to approach and use a u-tilt lock. Mario's ground game is not as important as his aerial game, but I believe utilizing it to it's fullest will give you a better pressure game overall. I'd love to see jab cancels and F-tilts more, but the main thing is that you should stop relying on U-tilt whenever you're close to an opponent.

Try to use N-air as a combo finisher whenever you get done with a U-tilt chain. It'll add some damage and also knock away your opponent so you have some breathing room.

That's about all I saw from those vids. Still can't believe that ZSS threw away her armor pieces, lol.
You should watch the Mario ditto. D: I think it's where I did the best out of those four.

I'm very defensive against ZSS at the start of a game. xD The last time I played that person I ended up doing 60% just off caping those items and finished off his first stock without taking damage thanks to them. I guess he was afraid.

I do jab cancel, it's just it's not as easy to pull off with Mario as compared to someone like Link or Luigi, both who I abuse the jab cancel with. Jab>Grab/Downsmash is the most I use grab more then downsmash since alot of people enjoying holding that shield button down and because of that I've started jab canceling into aerials and jabing and just walking away and coming back with a stutter Fsmash. In the Mario ditto I do a few Jab Cancel aerials like Jab>Uair>Bair or Jab>Jab>Walk away>Bair. And yes, Wifi johns. It's alot harder for me to do things there since I've been doing nothing but offline tourneys for the past month when ALL I used to do was WiFi. But thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to make use of that Ftilt.

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. There's alot of things I try and do, and I usually focus on one thing and do it the most. Which is bad. I tend to play worse online since I've been doing nothing but offline tourneys lately.

I think it was Kanzaki or Matador I saw that uses SHDair>Dair in a video agaisnt a Samus. I found it pretty intresting and started using it. Then I thought of using other aerials out of it and came up with SHDair>DJUair>Uair/Bair. The UpB usually never happens though. I also like using Utilt>Utilt>Utilt>UpB. That's a funny one.

Because we love you..?

SHDair>DJUair>Uair/Bair. <I do this alot also

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I've got a few more videos coming. I just saved the replays from some Mario dittos with Luffy thanks to the extended replay code. These videos include more Ftilt, intresting combos, and MOAR UPB OOS. Just for you, Hero. ;D

Also, Bair spam near a ledge frightens people. lolol.

Matt07

Smash Master
Nice Mario Kirin, it was fun to watch you play. You use a good use of your aerial moves, but ground moves are good too mix up your game.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah, I've been working on the ground game trying to use more Ftilts, UpB OOS's, and Jab Cancels and things like that. Ftilt right out of a spot dodge seems like a good GTFO move for some reason. A friend did it to me a few times in our Mario dittos, it came out rather quickly.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Good vids
very great mario

i would like to brawl you sometime again

excluding our last encounter

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
I go there from time to time, mostly for teh lulz, but I don't recall anyone by your name.
I dont use this name anywhere else

look at my sig
i always go by that name

yeah we did brawl i think
sitewar

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any good matches vs DDD. His infinite is upsetting me and id like to know a good way around it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any good matches vs DDD. His infinite is upsetting me and id like to know a good way around it.
I'm sure Monk and Boss have some good ones. Anyway, planking and camping is the key to avoiding DDD's grab.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Just camp with your fireballs. I like to fake my Bairs too. I bair then DI away from DDD so when he tries to shield grab he gets a stutter step Fsmash to the face. Don't play overly agressive, play gay, campy, and defenfsive, did I mention to play gay?

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Monk and Boss have some good ones. Anyway, planking and camping is the key to avoiding DDD's grab.
Thanks ill be sure to pm one of em about it.

Just camp with your fireballs. I like to fake my Bairs too. I bair then DI away from DDD so when he tries to shield grab he gets a stutter step Fsmash to the face. Don't play overly agressive, play gay, campy, and defenfsive, did I mention to play gay?
:chuckle: ya i tried playing offensive on DDD and he grabbed me to death.

Top Bottom