• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Video: Open for criticism

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Hey i am posting a video on the mario boards on behalf of my friend (who is the mario i am fighting against).

I originally posted this on the luigi boards for some feedback, but i decided to post it here too for mario players to judge my friend.

The quality isn't too good, i am planning to reupload it in better quality, but its in good enough condition to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryx2pig1FNk

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
It's cool that you wanna help your friend and all, but I dunno how much good feedback you'll get seeing as how... y'know, Mario lost and everything... and these are the Mario boards...

Well, regardless, I thought he played a good Mario, good use of the Fireball and FLUDD.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i put it up because I won by fluke, i think he controlled the match more so than me, but if you think thats the case, then sorry about that.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol didn't you just post this on the Luigi boards? Bleh w/e. Great fireball approachs. Could mix it up with some Dair approachs. Nice jab cancelling. Probably more RAR-ing Bairs. That's all i can say atm

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
whoa that ending was crazy XD. he actually has a pretty solid Mario. Needs to work on Fireball approaches, cape and taking use in the flood a bit more often.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
you found me xD. I posted it here because i told my friend about what you had said him earlier, and he wanted me to place it here as well. So its your fault i came over here xD.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Approach, groundgame, pressure, jabs, all excellent.

His Edgeguarding sucked, and he never went for the KO, just the damage. Don't think I saw a single Fsmash or Usmash, and he used a Dsmash for his KO move; if the Luigi would've DI'd, he probably would've lived. His pressure was awesome, but that's not necessarily good in this matchup. If the Luigi knew how to fight Mario, he would've taken advantage of this.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
Yo im the one in the vid. i messed up a lot in the fight (saving him) and thanks for the tips, i'll try my best to use them.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yo im the one in the vid. i messed up a lot in the fight (saving him) and thanks for the tips, i'll try my best to use them.
Just play real campy against Luigi. His Nair shreds all of your attacks and starts up easy combos. Get a little aggressive with edgeguarding and using your cape.

Top Bottom