• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario v. Zelda tips?

munchies911

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, so I pretty Much suck at the floaty match ups but I'm starting to improve and I was just wondering, how do you deal with Zelda and Samus's, b/c I think they're the main ones I have issues with. I appreciate all input, and even stage choices but I'm specifically looking for what advantages I have over them and what I need to look out for with them. I can deal with most Samus's in my area but some I feel get the advantage over me when I'm trying to be aggressive. Or when I come across a Zelda that spams dens fires and neutral b, I lose my fireball game even when I get random with them and the match becomes pretty slow. Overall I don't know what options to go for when Samus's try to be aggressive (I'm pretty consisted with caping and punishing campy Samus's) and with slower paced zeldas (I can counter her pretty well when she tries to be aggressive). Again, all advise is helpful but I'm not trying to focus on stage bans, edge guards, or switching to other characters. Thank you :)

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
im pretty new at this game but i noticed that if you dont get grabbed by Zelda the match becomes a lot easier. I usually play defensively against her. Zelda's approach game is weak so force her to approach using your fireballs and look for the opportunity to punish. As i said im no expert but that's just what i would do.

EarthMLG

Smash Cadet
NNID
Earthu
3DS FC
1693-2889-1535
I honestly play aggressive coming in with timed pills and aerials. Just be really fast before they can hit you with any of their ranged attacks. I honesty have played one in a while

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
there is a MU thread guys >.< if you have questions please ask them there.

General rule of thumb for Floaties Do not try to get the most of your combos. Floaties naturally get out of combo's easier than other ppl. So try just get solid hits, stop and go back to neutral. Over extending in the slightest can result in a huge punish(especially on peach)

As for zelda shes a super defensive person so over fireball use could get punished hard. The best piece of advice i can give is that zelda has some laggy af moves. Like take her neutral b for example(spiny reflector thingy). Shes going to use it when mario uses fireballs. You want to bait her into using that move then capitalize.

Beware of her down b.....sheik is good.

Beware of her side b(dins fire) shennanigans it messes with the screen and can be used to combo or do wierd setups. Also beware of her orbital dins fire.

samus is not that bad for mario. Cape makes things alot easier for mario, when compared to other characters. Samus zair can make appraoching or fireball pressure harder. Just CC hair Zair.

Top Bottom