• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario up+a? glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
So I'm playing Mario and whatever against my friend's fox, right. So I roll behind him and use up+a and it hits him (with Mario's cap to his neck) but he doesn't flinch or even move for that matter. Is this something common that I overlooked or is this not supposed to happen? It was on FD. :confused:

-Sorry for not mentioning, it was a smash a

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Phantom? I'm guessing that's when a move is executed and connects but doesnt affect your target?

Pine

Smash Ace
was the fox at low damage....cuz marios up smash has like not good knockback and at low damage especially on a fox he wont leave the ground....

just a thought

Elen

Smash Lord
It's called a phantom hit. It happens when you hit someone with outer-most part of your hitbox. It does exactly half the damage it normally would and causes no knockback. Phantoms can happen with any move, with any character, except for grabs. Hope that helps ^.^

Eggz

Smash Hero
Thats because your from Oregon.

The only 2 explanations have already been given.

A: Fox was crouch canceling your usmash at a low percent
B: The game registered half of the damage and no knockback because you didn't completely connect hitboxes. AKA you got a phantom hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom