• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Speaks

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AWfZjVbFFkc&feature=related

HAHAHA.

"Boy that Sony, it's fantastic." LOL.

I liked the old school snes mario more where you never heard his voice...and I still like him more, but after watching Mario talk, I like the new mario too! I hope he talks a lot in SSE. Well actually, I hope all of the characters talk in SSE.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I think Mario just has one the most fitting voice he could ever have.

Just imagine Mario talking with a real plumber's voice. O.o

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I think Mario just has one the most fitting voice he could ever have.

Just imagine Mario talking with a real plumber's voice. O.o
I don't have to imagine, I heard it every weekday afternoon on The Super Mario Super Show, and weekends on the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon for several years before Super Mario 64 ever came out. Not that I absolutely hate Charles Martinet's (sp?) Mario, I just grew up with a Brooklyn-born Mario and Luigi.

Overall, I could stand more voice acting if they quit with all the hokey grunts, squeals, and "woohoo!"s whenever he jumps, and go back to the side-scroller Mario jump noises (not to mention several other sound effects). Then I wouldn't be sick of his voice after precisely twenty-four seconds.

But that's just me. :cool:

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Yah. He does. I know it wouldn't sound as annoying as I made it. Although that interview was getting a little annoying voicing.
the first quote in your sig made me crack up so hard

i hope they keep his voice like melee and not like in galaxy cause i don't really like his galaxy voice

kingosuper

Smash Rookie
I think that mario should use his voice from Super Mario 64, in the new games his voice is a little annoying.

Oh yeah, Dragonbreath, that was one of the most funny things I have ever seen on the internet, next to peanut butter jelly time & the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
It's not a problem that he doesnt talk. He does here and there. Sonic does too. Everyone does, Link is the one you should be thinking about.

courte

Smash Lord
after seeing olimar in smashdash i had this sudden need to see mario's nose... ahh thats good stuff

Seven11

Smash Cadet
At E3 2002 Nintendo had a round table thingie set up that was hosted by a screen with an interactive Mario. Held full conversations and ****, was really neat. Towards the end of the day they switched him out with Wario, and he was a **** (but still gave out tons of free Nintendo crap :-P)

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
His voice is way too high pitched and joyfull. And that voice doesn't fit him that much the way he looks in Melee and Brawl.

The thing is, Mario is a goofy guy. He doesn't need to be dark and threatening, or mature for that matter. ( I R HEJHOG WITH GUN). Dudes just happy to be there. I think if anything, the brawl model is too serious.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
To be honest,I think its prefect when a character stfu or talk less.I dunno if you guys heard the English voice of Pit yet but wow...hes worst than Spanish classes.But personally,I think the reason these guys dont talk much is because they are in shock on what they have done.Why shock you ask?Here's 2 quick examples

Mario=Super Mario Bros.The Lost levels
Link=Ocarina of Time's infamous Water Temple

I mean,shucks,if they did get outta those places,they wouldnt be running around in Smash as of right now. :laugh: :chuckle:

Top Bottom