• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario: Official Character Discussion

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Mario. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Mario's F-air could use some more knockback, but he really doesn't NEED it. I'd say he's good to go but I'll see what Cape has to say.

The Cape

Smash Master
This is what I would like to see for Mario to be perfect:

Fair: KB boost to all hits, and slight speedup to coming out and finishing
Dair: Lower base knockback
U and B throws: higher base knockback

FLUDD: More pushback

D tilt: winddown faster, bit higher base knockback

If I had to pick them I would say in this order:
Fair
FLUDD
D tilt
Others

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i love all of cape's suggestions except for more kb for uthrow (why would u do that?), and more pushback for fludd

The Cape

Smash Master
FLUDD has like no pushup, it breaks even on a walking character. I would like to see it actually do something. (Thinking firehouse to something standing still)

And as for the more KB on U throw, Mario has D throw to combo everyone with, so he should be able to use U throw as a killing move against floaties on stages with wide sides and low ceilings (Green Greens)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how close is it now to killing a floaty on green greens at say... 100%? for vertical kill power we could also speed up OR incr kb on usmash and/or increase kb on final hit of his upB, cause if the last hit nails it right it already has good kb (like the anti-shoryuken lol)

Ulevo

Smash Master
I believe Marios Fireball needs decreased lag. The floatyness Brawl had allowed it to be used as a viable short hop approach. Now there is not enough time in the air, and the lag it has on the ground is rather bad.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I played some Mario for the past few days and realized he is pretty **** beast. I'd argue to speed the fireball launching animation then ship him. He's an incredible character as he is.

The Cape

Smash Master
Mario only needs the uair less KBG (no angle change) make it 75 KBG instead of 100; +5/10 base to initial nair hit; and more duration on last hit of upB

Top Bottom