• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario metagame 2013?

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
As a fairly scrubby mario main I have to know has there been any progression on our metagame? I mean our boards aren't exactly the busiest character board here

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Mario hasn't really progressed as a character because no one really plays him. A Rookie is like the only good Mario main that I know of. Green Mario's pretty sick, although he's kind of old school. Since Doc and Mario are similar in many aspects, if you watch Shroomed's Doc or take part in the Doc discussion thread, you can incorporate certain things you learn about Doc into your Mario game. Just keep in mind the differences between the two, most prominently fsmash, usmash, nair, and fair.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Have any Mario's managed to work up-B walljump into their game? It can prevent Mario from being edgehogged in many cases. Mario's need to exploit every advantage they have on Doc so that people might play him as a unique character, and not just an inferior version of Doc.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I can only up-b walljump on Yoshi's for some reason, but I do it pretty consistently, and it has saved me in several situations. I believe that all of Mario's aerials have 2 frames less landing lag than Doc's, making him slightly better at comboing. I actually think Yoshi's is one of Mario's better stages, because it really helps his recovery to have that wall to jump off of and also the small blastzones help make up for his relatively low KO power. And it's easier to get people off the stage for gimps when it's smaller.

Also, good **** Frootloop, I've tried double Mario a lot with a friend, it's not an easy team to win with.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Well at the very least good to know there are still Mario's out there. I gotta start trying to meet up with A rookie I live like in lakewood thats like one bus to cerritos XD

Also the only thing I do with Up - B wall jump is use it when I am being more reckless on the edge to get back. Thing is though often times a wall jump works just as well as an Up B wall jump

a rookie

Smash Ace
I'm here Voltz! 8 months late, but I'm back guys! And actually practicing again (: My room setup for my laptop/tv is cool :3

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Scorp made an appearance at an ohio local last weekend.
And like a month ago at a regional he teamed with abate.

Britex

Smash Apprentice
Pfff, who needs scorp when we have a rookie placing 13th at socals regionals? Dude's a beast and he's only getting better.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Since when do you have a youtube channel rookie? Let's make it a hub for all Mario players :)
I've always had one, but I'm gonna start posting vids of new Mario stuff that should be looked into/experimented more. I'm the captain of SFS(SoCa's Finest Scrubs) and our crew consists of: Myself( A Rookie), Khepri(Falcon), Toxic Reflection(Falcon), Dayman(Fox/Marth), and Dip!(Doctor Mario). So only hype vids, crew vids, or Mario vids will be uploaded to my channel.

Top Bottom