• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario match-up chart

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
Yay, I can tell you my experiences with difficult characters I've faced which I'm having hard time with: Snake, MetaKnight (Marth #2), Falco (multi-grabber), Mr. Game & Watch (I've learned how to beat Mr. Game & Watch), and who else? I don't recall anybody else at the moment but WHAT i would like to learn is how to beat MetaKnight and Snake .

???????

Smash Journeyman
Well, I suppose the best way to start is to first weigh out the pros and cons of the match-up.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yay, I can tell you my experiences with difficult characters I've faced which I'm having hard time with: Snake, MetaKnight (Marth #2), Falco (multi-grabber), Mr. Game & Watch (I've learned how to beat Mr. Game & Watch), and who else? I don't recall anybody else at the moment but WHAT i would like to learn is how to beat MetaKnight and Snake .
I've fought some good Game and Watchs before. xyz is the best Game and Watch I've played against. How do you beat him?

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
Believe it or not, fireball is a way to go. By that i mean, not too obvious but do it when you're close to Mr Game & Watch enough to interrupt his move. Be unpredictable! Also, he's light! so easy to KO =O

???????

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Boss has things under control for now, but this thread will be a backup in case Boss can't keep his thread alive.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I propose a new Mario match-up chart; this new thread would include a discussion of match-ups.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS THREAD UP!!!!

Honestly, that matchup chart on that one thread is ultimately biased, and it turns off rookies who never played smash away from mario. I mean come on, it states that mario has a DISADVANTAGE against Sonic. WTF:mad:

What advantage does that low priority hedgehog have over mario that makes mario weak against him.....?:confused:

........................................................................................

Don't worry I'll wait..

If your looking for contributions to the chart, I'll be happy to place my input...:bigthumbu
I'm not a well known mario player, but trust me, I am a GOOD decent competitive mario player, ( I just wish I had something to record my WIFI/local matches with), mario's been my main ever since 64.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, and yes I'd like everyone's input for discussing match-ups; you can discuss at this thread or at Boss's thread, it doesn't matter which.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me Mario has more than three good matchups, but it's too bad that is the thread most people go to. I was expecting a positive matchup against Ganondorf but...
Yeah umm that gets a big fat WTF, its plain fact that mario owns ganny completely this time around. You have to question that chart...

So.. how is this going to start?

Should we start fresh here or go to Boss' thread (link it up please)...?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
G&W ***** you if he knows his stuff.
Falco has proven to be my hardest match.
And MK is crazy.
So I CP to G&W.

Top Bottom