• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart 8 DLC Coming Worldwide August 27th!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So instead of having 6+ Rosalinas on Sports Bikes every race, I'll be seeing 6+ Rosalinas in Mercedes cars...

Well, that means a lot less Rosie butt waddling about but it's still 6+ Rosies so I'll take it.
I wondered if I was the only person experiencing that... I'm worried I'm gonna get majorly sick of seeing Rosalina's face before Smash Bros comes out...

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Sad news, all - next characters confirmed as dlc are Olaf from frozen and Danica Patrick.

But srsly, hoping for diddy kong and bowser jr, and an fzero themed kart pack would be sick. Glad to hear this isn't the last of the dlc :)

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Well a lot of people did want bad guys playable in nintendo games and we got a bunch of them in mk8 so nintendo did listen to what the fans wanted. I hope they add actual battle courses next.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wondered if I was the only person experiencing that... I'm worried I'm gonna get majorly sick of seeing Rosalina's face before Smash Bros comes out...
Actually, it's extremely common to have a surplus of Rosalinas in MK8. It's because she's in the best weight class, and apparently not many people like DK, Waluigi, and Roy Koopa.

The surplus of pairing her with the Sports Bike might be because of her choice butt though.

I'll never get sick of it myself though, I always play as her myself! :V

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm quite a fan of the Koopalings. Cannot stand Bowser Jr.

I love DLC. Free or not is is more content. I bemoan those who groan at it.

Battle modes of course need to return to the actual battle options, the regular tracks are hide and seek.

I miss Boo as a character as well; he is a Mario all star.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This DLC is one day after my Birthday.
Goshdarnit, now I'm not sure if I should put MK8 on my Birthday wishlist over New Leaf. :S

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Are you forgetting that smash is a NINTENDO crossover and Mario kart has NINTENDO characters in it that are also in smash.
Also, you could just ... Y'know ... Not read the article ...
I look at the front page of this Smash site for Smash news. If it's filled with other things, it's harder to find what I'm actually interested in. I don't think that's too wild of a take on things.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
That Japanese commercial makes Mario look so badass. Too bad he doesn't look like that in the games. :C

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
This DLC is one day after my Birthday.
Goshdarnit, now I'm not sure if I should put MK8 on my Birthday wishlist over New Leaf. :S
That's a difficult choice! While I can't tell you which one you should get first I hope you eventually get both games one day.

AkashicSword

Yokai
I look at the front page of this Smash site for Smash news. If it's filled with other things, it's harder to find what I'm actually interested in. I don't think that's too wild of a take on things.
It's not too crazy of a take on things, and I understand why you see it the way you see it. I feel like people should just agree to disagree, and not continue to drag this out.

gmanownyou

Smash Cadet
NNID
gmanownyou
3DS FC
0946-3091-2616
I was excited at first, but when it came out, I just stopped caring :p

Top Bottom