• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario is batttle ready for Brawl. He never smiles.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
This can be both good and bad. It can mean that the formalities are over, and it can lead to some pretty kick *** fights.:)

But when facing a casual match with his bro, it can be weird. Mario never smiles in this game, and is usually depicted with an angry or neutral expression.

His side taunt, he doesn't smile either. :embarrass

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Intimidation factor. You know how many people don't know he has *****in' hair under that hat? Makes his opponents go baffled.

But I don't think he ever smiled at all in the series.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I remember his mouth opening in the cheery expression in Melee after attacks like the Mario Tornado. I was iffed when I noticed that he didn't smile in Brawl either, especially when it would be appropriate for him to do so like during his side taunt. Not to mention that he seems like a genuinely happy guy.

I suppose it reflects his mindset during a brawl; he knows it's serious and doesn't mentally let up until it's safe to do so.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This can be both good and bad. It can mean that the formalities are over, and it can lead to some pretty kick *** fights.:)

But when facing a casual match with his bro, it can be weird. Mario never smiles in this game, and is usually depicted with an angry or neutral expression.

I believe he smiles when he does his up-tilt.

...Doesn't he? :confused:

flame013191

Smash Cadet
I dont think so. I dont think Mario ever smiles in Brawl. He's like the most serious character on the game

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
lol mario smiles when he does his Utilt and i think he does so when doing Up B im not sure.
I think he smiles when doing Dair too.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't help but laugh at this thread.

The OP is saying Mario never smiles in Brawl, when his avatar is a picture of Mario smiling... in Brawl.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's just his mustache. If you look closely you can see a frown/serious look on his lips.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I can't help but laugh at this thread.

The OP is saying Mario never smiles in Brawl, when his avatar is a picture of Mario smiling... in Brawl.
You just destroyed his entire agrument right there. I even realized my avatar has a picture of Mario smiling. :laugh: Well, he could mean if he's fighting. If not, this thread is done.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You just destroyed his entire agrument right there. I even realized my avatar has a picture of Mario smiling. :laugh: Well, he could mean if he's fighting. If not, this thread is done.
Everyone here has terrible, terrible vision. Mario isn't smiling in my avatar nor his he smiling in your. But it's true, Mario is serious for Brawl. But why?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Everyone here has terrible, terrible vision. Mario isn't smiling in my avatar nor his he smiling in your. But it's true, Mario is serious for Brawl. But why?
So having 20/16 vision is terrible? And Mario does look like he is smiling in your avatar. Look excited on mine as well. There's that, and if Mario does take Brawl seriously, at the end of the day, does it really matter? Does it? No. I don't think so.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Wow, I've noticed there are quite a few Marios from Florida... Besides myself, I noticed HeroMystic and mario brawler are from here, too...

I hope we can fight once the Friend Finder's up again. At least I'll know there won't be any lag. :chuckle:

Maybe Mario's mad because Luigi, Peach and Bowser placed higher on the tier list than he did. That's gotta smart...

Top Bottom