• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario for top tier?

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
uthrow chain fox and cape easy kills hard to set up
marth pressure game marth dont let him space you or its gonna be hell 50/50 imo edgeguarding him is easy
falco and sheik are prob marios hardest mus but thats just me
i say sheik cause okami is a beast i played him in dubs never got the chance to 1v1 tho :(

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
I dont play to many sheiks but folco is a pain, that prussure game and them lasers are annoying, yea mario had cape, but thats an,t going to stop a barrage of lasers and his b down jump cancle maked fire ball aprouch really hard, but if you get folco off the edge. Mario owns since folcos recovery is crap, other then that i think from my exp. Folco is a hard mu. I might be wrong, but im speaking through exp.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
caping his laser approaches is the best option if u can make enough room to fireball then cape the laser its a easy grab once u get hold of him dont let him go otherwise youll have to start all over and bair ***** falco u can uthrow chain him to about 40ish iirc then u can usmash to fsmash depending on they di tho

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It's better to just fair Falco after the CG imo, his recovery is so bad that it will most likely kill him.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Just don't let falco take you to FD, smashville and anything primarily flat. The brawl yoshi stage is a great stage to vs him. Mario v falco on flat stages is very herd because of lasers. Platforms really limit the amount of pressure lasers can actually do.

I'd say the MU numbers depends on whether or not you let him have a flat stage.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Personally, I like to take Falco to Skyworld,. The platforms allow you a reprieve from lasers, but don't really obstruct your CGs and Falco generally has a hard time sweet-spotting there, or recovering at all for that matter. I think SV is fine though, you can use the platform to get away from lasers and retaliate with fireballs. Yoshi's Island is kind of a garbage stage imo, it's still pretty easy for Falco to laser camp because of how low the platform is, and sure it has walls to help your recovery, but the janky ledges make it hard to sweet-spot. Also, I can't even count how many times I've gotten unfavorable trades due to shy guy interference, and support ghost is a cold heartless *******. Some other solid choices, I think, would be Metal Cavern, Dracula's, Norfair, and Lylat. Even though the latter two are a little too whack for my tastes.

Last edited:

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
i like to take falco to small levels like ys fod ghz early kills and u can get on him faster thing is he can pressure you as well so it all depends on how good your pressure & punish game is

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GHZ is fine, but I would definitely avoid YS, and FoD those are like Falco's best stages.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
im talkin from my personal experience tho
tbh fod is my fav and best level

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I would have argued not top tier. But Hbox's mario made it to the SHFFLV finals and... then got bopped by M2K's mewtwo. Point is mario can win tournaments no problem.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I would have argued not top tier. But Hbox's mario made it to the SHFFLV finals and... then got bopped by M2K's mewtwo. Point is mario can win tournaments no problem.
What majors has mario won?
mario high tier guys

Toomad

Smash Rookie
I think HBox mostly played Ness/Jiggs for Shuffle V didn't he? I interpreted from the vid that he switched to Mario to try and mix it up because he'd just recently played M2K using Ness/Jiggs?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I think HBox mostly played Ness/Jiggs for Shuffle V didn't he? I interpreted from the vid that he switched to Mario to try and mix it up because he'd just recently played M2K using Ness/Jiggs?
right, I remember that his ness olimar/jiggs got shut down hard by M2K, still, I've seen H-box tear through brackets with his mario.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
He played Olimar not Ness, unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Just don't let falco take you to FD, smashville and anything primarily flat. The brawl yoshi stage is a great stage to vs him. Mario v falco on flat stages is very herd because of lasers. Platforms really limit the amount of pressure lasers can actually do.

I'd say the MU numbers depends on whether or not you let him have a flat stage.
That avatar. 0.0 and thanks for the stage advice I figured FD and sv was a bad stage. Yea sv has a plat, but its not enough. but yea plats Do help a lot thanks a ton

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I got them saucy SnK(AoT) avatars on lock my doods.
What do you guys think about the MU against falcon? I got my brains blown out by Kman's falcon at KiT :c
Till I played him, he was like the first falcon I actually played and I didn't know what to do. I won a few matches, but he ether way, the stages didn't seem to help me very much. Any tips? Also, where do I di when he starts to uair me? Up and towards/away?
We should rename this to be about MU .-.

I'll be going to a tournament this weekend also! So I'll have videos up on that. I might have some team games uploaded to, I've never done it though.

Last edited:

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
ez.™ said:
What do you guys think about the MU against falcon? I got my brains blown out by Kman's falcon at KiT :c
Till I played him, he was like the first falcon I actually played and I didn't know what to do. I won a few matches, but he ether way, the stages didn't seem to help me very much. Any tips? Also, where do I di when he starts to uair me? Up and towards/away?

I'll be going to a tournament this weekend also! So I'll have videos up on that. I might have some team games uploaded to, I've never done it though.
See, folco is annyoing, how i handle him is to move around plats to get around lasers and you can cg him with up throw to atound 40, also mario can edge g him to hell, but if so its still annoying, but mario can bet him, to bait him

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
See, folco is annyoing, how i handle him is to move around plats to get around lasers and you can cg him with up throw to atound 40, also mario can edge g him to hell, but if so its still annoying, but mario can bet him, to bait him
wat
I said falc:falconmelee:n
Not falc:falco:!
Falco is kinda ez

Last edited:

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
wat
I said falc:falconmelee:n
Not falc:falco:!
Falco is kinda ez
My bad i havent gone against too many folcan punches lol but he can be cg and is easy to combo and you can edge guard him very well since cape kills folcan dive, but the men in spandex can super man all over the stage with that crazy speed,

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212

Ive play with kman on wifi a lot he is a great falcon very patient and he punishes hard u cant rely on your fireballs IF the falcon player knows what he is doing if not then fireball away not using your fireballs helps you be ready for falcons approaches its best to use them from long range to approach once mid range sh fireball in place to see how falcon reacts if they shield then be ready to go for a grab u can combo falcon heavy and cg him at low percents uthrow fair is a good way to finish him off but if youre near the edge go for bthrow and get ready to edgeguard with bair or cape

falcon can nair through the low fireballs and uair the full hop ones mix it up so you wont be predictable and bait one of the moves out and punish hard so fireball from a safe distance

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
di away and downwards

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I can honestly see Mario being somewhere at Top 5 at best. Not the tippy top or anything, but he is a very strong character in the same light as Link. Mario doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses other than his medium reach. While he does have trouble against characters with a better projectile game or superior air game, he is good enough to keep up if he plays correctly. Mario is absolutely fine the way he is and wouldn't wish for any changes to him. Although I wouldn't mind a bit more reach on Ftilt. :p

Top Bottom