• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario FLUDD Bait (New tech?)

Airboysteel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigJ-Airboy
3DS FC
0087-2405-4085
Do you guys ever notice that Mario can Up B out of FLUDD. During the charge animation of FLUDD press R or L button then Up B (similar to Up B out of shield). If you do this right the shield will NOT show up. I also believe you can grab out of FLUDD as well. So do you guys believe this can help mario mains use FLUDD in neutral or not. Please comment below.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
I think it useful especially on rush how characters like shiek or falcon.
Up B is a great defensive option on those attack you, due to invincibility frames on Up B, grabbing is good for countering dash attacks and aerials, leading to free combo's.
I didn't know of this before I will implement it into my play, as it will serve to be useful. Thanks.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Wow finally a good thread on this board lolol. I didn't know this and will try it out later

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
I couldn't get the up-b out of FLUDD as the shield always shows up, but I can confirm FLUDD to grab is a thing. I could see it being used to punish approaches by foes thinking you're helpless, then bam, grab. There's like, no lag from cancelling into the grab. Nice find.

Airboysteel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigJ-Airboy
3DS FC
0087-2405-4085
I couldn't get the up-b out of FLUDD as the shield always shows up, but I can confirm FLUDD to grab is a thing. I could see it being used to punish approaches by foes thinking you're helpless, then bam, grab. There's like, no lag from cancelling into the grab. Nice find.
Did you have tap jump On or Off ? Because is easier to have tap jump On did to the fact that you have to press less buttons.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Mapping jump to the R or L button (Gamecube or Pro Controller) helps, since you can press jump and immediately up + B.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Yeah, been doing this for a while. I wouldn't say it's a tech so much as a strategy. A really good one you can do is be charging the fludd while facing away from them (they're more likely to approach you) and then shield>OoS Up Smash.

Your Up B thing would be a very useful bait with the Explosive Punch as well.

Last edited:

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Been doing this with upsmash for a long time! Turn around and charge FLUDD as double bait options... Upsmash a couple times into a few backairs and you can earn yourself a good 40%!

Edit: Grammar fixes!

Last edited:
For those who don't like have tap jump on and want to do the Up-B out of FLUDD, you can flick your thumb through Y and B to quickly jump and immediately perform your Up-B.

Top Bottom