• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mario edge psych out trick

red stone

Smash Ace
ok, what i'm about to propose is risky but looks very flashy and cool.

let's say you are hanging on the ledge and you enemy is right there to greet you.

your choices are limited to ledge jumping and trying to attack, ledge dashing, jumping, fake out jump to ledge grab, rolling, and just getting up. these are your plausible and reasonable choices.

well, the move i just came up with (probably already done) is : step 1. drop down/step 2. jump up/step 3. wall jump/ step 4. reverse fireball/step 5. up b recovery

well wait, can't you just ledge jump then fireball instead of going through this extremely risky move, you might say.

good question.this move is good because it let's you do a fireball at the top without getting close enough to be hit. plus this move is flashier, takes more skill, and is a good move to mix in to make the match interesting.

use this move sparingly though.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Interesting, but if they're close enough that you wouldn't want to edge-hop fireball, then you have them exactly where you want them for an attack-up or edge-hopped aerial (after you refresh edge invulnerability of course). So sure, if you enjoy doing something like this, go for it when it doesn't matter, but in a real match, the only time you would do this move is when you have better moves you should be doing.

Not a very good idea.
What Eggz does is Capes away from the stage, then comes up with a bair. after the bair u can do another aerial. or you could just jump towards them, and theyll most likely sheild, so you can just cape that and land behind them.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Silent Wolf, are you saying that Eggz does a backwards cape from a ledgehang + double jump + b-air. . .? I'm assuming that if you do that, you would have to not use your cape during your recovery routine so you get that extra vertical boost.

I never really thought of doing that before. Wow.

red stone

Smash Ace
yeah you guys are right. this move is not the brightest of ideas and not efficient in any situation.......but if you ever want to show off your skills, why not go all out and up b on the side of final destination into a wall jump into a reverse fireball. of course, only do this if the match isn't serious. people will be like "what the deuce did you just do ??!!"

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
well, the move i just came up with (probably already done) is : step 1. drop down/step 2. jump up/step 3. wall jump/ step 4. reverse fireball/step 5. up b recovery
step 6: get easily (or moreso) edgeguarded
step 7: die

lolz, its true, diz would be much easier to get spieked, faired, or w/e the case, when doing all dat stuf

ok, what i'm about to propose is risky but looks very flashy and cool.

let's say you are hanging on the ledge and you enemy is right there to greet you.

your choices are limited to ledge jumping and trying to attack, ledge dashing, jumping, fake out jump to ledge grab, rolling, and just getting up. these are your plausible and reasonable choices.

well wait, can't you just ledge jump then fireball instead of going through this extremely risky move, you might say.

good question.this move is good because it let's you do a fireball at the top without getting close enough to be hit. plus this move is flashier, takes more skill, and is a good move to mix in to make the match interesting.

Don't use this move at all.
Fixed it...

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
I think I know what your talking about... however the move is extremely dangerous since if you miss any of the steps, or make a tiny mistake, you end up dead anyway. Although it looks good, you'll never be put into a situation where this can actually be useful, and usually with good player, you will be spiked. I did this move before, but I cant see how you can use the fireball and recover at the same time due to the fireball's lag...

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
I think I know what your talking about... however the move is extremely dangerous since if you miss any of the steps, or make a tiny mistake, you end up dead anyway. Although it looks good, you'll never be put into a situation where this can actually be useful, and usually with good player, you will be spiked. I did this move before, but I cant see how you can use the fireball and recover at the same time due to the fireball's lag...
I agree to this. U can also just drop down from the edge and cape or b -air. Thoses are safer and equallly good moves to use

red stone

Smash Ace

if you reverse fireball as soon as you wall jump, it should stop your movement so you can di towards the ledge giving you plenty of time to up b and sweetspot the ledge

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Im not an expert but I dont think Fireballs stop movement.......

use this technique without firball so you cape someone and then land an areil... a suggestion ROFL

To translate what red stone said:

Let the opponent edge hog you.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
if you reverse fireball as soon as you wall jump, it should stop your movement so you can di towards the ledge giving you plenty of time to up b and sweetspot the ledge
That's what the cape does, not the fireball, because with the fireball, your cancelling all of your chances getting back to the edge.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
this shouldnt really be called a psyche out trick, its more of a "trying to be fancy while leaving urself very open to being edgeguarded and or edgehogged".

disagree with me if im wrong. altho it is possible that this can be used as a mindgame. 3 thumbs up for being fancy!

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
yea flashy. an other fla****rick I use is edgehop a reverse fire ball then wall jump near the ledge do a reverse fire ball again,cape and up b. Flashy and hard but risky...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha idk Gimpy's spike-wall teched reverse warlock punch was pretty bangin.. it deff needs a new name though cause that was a mouthful...

Ok onto the post, don';t use this move you will end up dying, for all the n00bs that think your going to look good doing this don't because all your going to do is lose a stock.

Stick to a ledgehopped cape bair like eggs, thats very efficient the move itself has some serious priority.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
insolent fools!!!!

stop being rudethis guy only wanted to share his idea !!!

anyway i came up with this also...but i didnt really think it would be very helpful...i mean..he can easily shield your fireball and all that or even reflect it if he has the power to!!!

but its cool you came up with that idea^^

Top Bottom