• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario/Doctor Mario cape explosive item glitch discovered!

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hi. Well, while screwing around in training mode, I found this. Sorry for bad quaility, I don't have a fancy capture card.
So, what do you think of this?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It's not a glitch.

Most explosions are now considered projectiles, so reflectors will protect you from them and multiply the damage they deal.

The cape is also capable of stopping launch momentum if it hits someone while they're still stuck in the lag before they're sent flying.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
It's not a glitch.

Most explosions are now considered projectiles, so reflectors will protect you from them and multiply the damage they deal.

The cape is also capable of stopping launch momentum if it hits someone while they're still stuck in the lag before they're sent flying.
Yes, but even if you throw a bob-bom upwards and it falls back on you it still hurts you, even though its your projectile.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Bob-ombs (And most explosions in general) have always dealt damage to everyone in their radius, regardless of who threw them.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Bob-ombs (And most explosions in general) have always dealt damage to everyone in their radius, regardless of who threw them.
Yes, which is why its strange that Mario is just tanking a point-blank blast.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
There's several possibilities

1. There's a small invincibility timeframe with cape (though I don't think this is the case)
2. There is explosion reflection, as stated above.

As for why ROB didn't go flying, I'd imagine the cape cancelled out the knockback by making him turn around?

In doubles this can be useful if it has other applications than just bombombs.

Like a reverse reverse Falcon Punch with super armor.

Raijinken

Smash Master
This may be any of the above mentioned, or it could be something similar to how throws now give the thrower brief invincibility. Still, good to know.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
There's several possibilities

1. There's a small invincibility timeframe with cape (though I don't think this is the case)
2. There is explosion reflection, as stated above.

As for why ROB didn't go flying, I'd imagine the cape cancelled out the knockback by making him turn around?

In doubles this can be useful if it has other applications than just bombombs.

Like a reverse reverse Falcon Punch with super armor.

1. Yeah, but the blast outlasts the invincibility.
2. But since its sitting still it would be refleted to just, well, still be sitting there.

The cape couldn't have cancelled it, as, well, it dosen't do that. What should have happened is R.O.B going flying, but in the wrong direction (As Mario turns him around).

Reverse reverse Falcon Punch? You just mademe cringe for mercy. Once more people than the few on this post find out about this thread and see your comment, well, lets just say that a (Dr) Mario/Falcon combo will be much more popular in doubles.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
1. If the blast didnt affect Mario, and this was the reason, then the blast wouldn't actually outlast the invincibility frames. Otherwise he'd be affected XD

Regardless, I can see a reverse-reverse Falcon Punch with invincibility being rather nice....

...to do for fun, cuz lets face it, it might catch you by surprise ONCE.

In the moment you look puzzled as to why the Captain Falcon reversed a Falcon Punch towards his Dr. Mario teammate, before you see him pull out his cape. You try to attack, but he doesnt flinch, and nails you with like 50 damage.

Top Bottom