• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Combo Video

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
This is what I tried/figured out with Mario during the demo after playing around with him a bit. What do you guys think?

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
I don't think that those were the "cleanest" combos that I've ever seen, it is really amazing to see that there's even the potential to achieve this level of play in the game. Mario is my absolute favorite character to play as in the 3DS demo for that exact reason.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I don't think that those were the "cleanest" combos that I've ever seen, it is really amazing to see that there's even the potential to achieve this level of play in the game. Mario is my absolute favorite character to play as in the 3DS demo for that exact reason.
It's hard to combo CPU's because they are roll fanatics (Rolls are so fast on the game, its harder to punish) + they air dodge after you hit them all the time. Because of this, on some combo videos, you'll see the CPU at level 1. I did it on level 9 CPU's regardless.

And yeah! Mario is basically the best character released in this demo IMO. He's the only one with great combo potential.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's hard to combo CPU's because they are roll fanatics (Rolls are so fast on the game, its harder to punish) + they air dodge after you hit them all the time. Because of this, on some combo videos, you'll see the CPU at level 1. I did it on level 9 CPU's regardless.

And yeah! Mario is basically the best character released in this demo IMO. He's the only one with great combo potential.
And they are so precised at shield this time, every time I hit them they can just block my attacks. I am so suck without the C-stick.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
That video actually raised my hopes for this game. I know for a fact that Mario couldn't move like that in Brawl. Also notice that not once is the FLUDD move used.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
And they are so precised at shield this time, every time I hit them they can just block my attacks. I am so suck without the C-stick.
Amen dude. It's like playing Super Smash Bros. Crusade. (If you played it before)

That video actually raised my hopes for this game. I know for a fact that Mario couldn't move like that in Brawl. Also notice that not once is the FLUDD move used.
Yeah bro! I thought combos were gone, but that's definitely something this game has to offer!

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Mario is looking fine. New FLUDD looks like it could have some kind of use for cheap off stage kills but it will probably end up useless again though I will have to check the FLUDD variations.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah I'd recommend using level 1 AI. They airdodge even when they shouldn't at high levels. Like, they airdodge low to the ground and just...take the lag? No human player would do that all the time.....

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Yeah I'd recommend using level 1 AI. They airdodge even when they shouldn't at high levels. Like, they airdodge low to the ground and just...take the lag? No human player would do that all the time.....
Yeah I know :( ... But I don't feel as accomplished if I'm just rag-dolling a level 1 CPU.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've used most of these combos. However, I have one to add. At the right percentage and height, I was able to use a fair meteor on stage, followed by them bouncing up (I think thats new for the fair, and I like it), and I managed to use the fair again as I was falling towards the ledge, meteoring them offstage.

EDIT: I was near the bottom, meteored him when he was onstage, and then followed up with the second KO meteor fair. However, I think he was fast falling into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

!BSP

Banned via Warnings
Which is ironic, because there were two situations in the video where FLUDD would've been perfect.

At 1:53, instead of charging Dsmash, he could've ran towards center stage, RAR turned around -> FLUDD -> Cape (if necessary) and it would've killed.

At 2:26, since Link had already been hit out of his double jump, he could've FLUDD'd him: Link couldn't airdodge through the stream because he would die; if he Up B'd during the stream, he'd go straight up and then get caped or meteored; if he waited, he would get caped anyway because Mario can move first after the water stream, and Link would have to gain momentum again before he could use his Up B to recover. A human player would've have lived from the mario tornado -> Bair that followed, but not from the example I just gave with FLUDD.

Could he have caped him in that situation without fludd? Yes, definitely, but the difference is that Link still has mixup potential (when He throws out the Up B) to mess up your cape attempt.

I'm already ready to put people on the Mario/Doc board on ignore for not knowing wtf (excuse my language) they are talking about.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Honestly, a fully charged FLUDD is really good. It kept Link away from the edge many times in my plays. Also, off topic, the Gust Bellows item is OP! Super easy kills!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can tell that FLUDD has been super buffed. It has great range and the push back effect is MUCH better. Its probably one of Mario's best moves for edgeguarding opponents coming from the top.

Top Bottom