• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Changelog V 1.10

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Doc's attacks only do 1.12x the damage Mario's do. If anything, buffing his damage would make him more unique. Improving his recovery is the first step to making him better, and there's no reason to improve his frame data, since it's already excellent. Uniqueness isn't a problem, making him better is. Also, Doc weighs the same as Mario, he's not a heavy.
If his recovery is buffed anymore, it will basically be Marios Up B except more powerful

TriTails

Smash Lord
If his recovery is buffed anymore, it will basically be Marios Up B except more powerful
Doesn't give him invincibility (Which he lacks) during the move.

What they need to give Doc as of now is better damage (But do take Luigi's damage into consideration for their shared moves) as now Doc is too weak for how slow he is. Give pills earlier FAF, improve his SJP distance, and yeah, that's pretty much it.

Or they could be lulzy and make Doc 'a faster but weaker Mario'. Time to give Doc Jigglypuff's airspeed and Marth's dashing speed, reduce his D-smash damage by 5%, and 2-4% damage reductions across the board :troll:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
your right he isn't a heavy, but in my mind so treat him as one because bad recoveries and stronger attackes make me think of it
Wait, what?
That would be a good thing. Doc needs a good recovery. Maybe a lag decrease and a height increase on the Tornado, then give the Jump Punch more height, and voilà, Dr. Mario with a good recovery. He's already somewhat of a clone, anyway.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what?

That would be a good thing. Doc needs a good recovery. Maybe a lag decrease and a height increase on the Tornado, then give the Jump Punch more height, and voilà, Dr. Mario with a good recovery. He's already somewhat of a clone, anyway.
Somewhat of a clone? He is the definition of a clone! anyway, I agree that tornado should be made into a more prominent recovery tool via a buff

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Really, at this point, Doc really can't be buffer much more without being unique. If they improved his strength, he would do too much damage. If they improved his recovery, It would basically be Marios plus a shoryuken. If they improved his Frane data, he wouldn't fit as a heavy (Well, C. Falcon is an exception)
As the other guy said, Doc isn't much stronger than Mario. Why not give him some slight buffs on up-smash and the forward-hit of d-smash? Also, improve his tilts and pills. And remove the sourspot on his fair. Those are the things I would do to make Dr. Mario good.

I don't want to mess with Doc's recovery too much, but make him go a bit higher with his down B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom