• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario can moonwalk?

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
Well its been a while since i las posted something, but i have seen Fox, C.F. moonwalking, but i have never seen mario doing this, can someone tell me if Mario can moonwalk?... and if he can how do i do it?

Peace out =P

Help!

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if mario can exactly moon walk but i do wave dashes that propel to launch out farther while facing back wards a couple of times not too sure how i do them though id have to figure them out but i think you just have to wave dash while facing backwards and jump to do that, not positive on this though. This atleast feels like im launching out farther than usual and i think the purpose of a moonwalk is to launch out really far while facing backwards so i hope this helped.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Well its been a while since i las posted something, but i have seen Fox, C.F. moonwalking, but i have never seen mario doing this, can someone tell me if Mario can moonwalk?... and if he can how do i do it?
Every character can technically moonwalk, whether it's noticeable/useful or not is subjective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmAv9xvjD4c
00:30 Shows how to do it.

I dont know if mario can exactly moon walk but i do wave dashes that propel to launch out farther while facing back wards a couple of times not too sure how i do them though
You probably are just doing a full wavedash. If you don't angle your joystick completely horizontal, then you are only getting a shortened wavedash.

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
xD ty for the help guys, well i asked this cuz i watched my Mario making some wierd moves while i was playing and i tought it was a Moonwalk, and watching the video i c that i was right, its a moonwalk, right now im working on it to use it easier, but ill tell u if it works for anything.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Its not as easy as it is with Falcon or Peach...
But Eggz is right he can Moonwalk its just hard to do it and even if its way better so Space around with WaveDash combined with some DashDance

Top Bottom