• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario B> Cape Possiblitys

mario-man

Smash Lord
LOL Matador

Wassup Pedochu!!! XD

I wasn't being antagonistic. Just trying to keep the peace.

Zayden

Smash Cadet
mario man: long time no see. I would say quit antagonizing him, but judging by this guide, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Zayden: The examples in this thread will never be useful. Partly because a situation like this will rarely happen.

Eggz and maelstrom128: post.

if youw want me to delete the guide i will

EDIT: And also it dosent say "ALL mario B> Cape possibilitys" It says "Mario B> Cape Possibilitys" refering to SOME of the possibiltys and to be honest, i party made this thread becuase i was bored....

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Zayden... i like the fact your tryin to help usin the cape but...

most of the times u say just to deflect things that is SOOOOO OBVIOUUUS !!!! and you sound like a rook to me =P

I dont care how many posts you got but you write stuff that arent really sounding pro like^^ and just make a vid of you usin some nice SH ABA WD combos or some SHFFLED UAAAAAIRS!! YEAAH!! - combos k?

just look at Monk...the guy says he aint anythin great but maaan his combos are awesome! now THATS what i call a good fair mario smasher! and thats the way its supposed to be

you knooow what? just watch some vids of ours^^ i got mine new so... yeah watch em and see if you really are ''pretty tough''

NO FLAMES!!! PEACE BRO!!! NOT AGAINST YOU!!! *raises arms into the air* WE ALL RESPECT ALL MARIO MAINS SO YOUR FINE!!! :D :D :D :D wish ya luck

and your guide isnt thaaat baad only not really well like i said... its not that useful^^ but in general its fine^^ Im on your side if somethin is wrong in this thread... is there?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Like half of the information in the first post is either blatantly obvious or incorrect.

Examples: Cape on bowser or DK's up-b does not send them in the opposite direction.

Cape on turnips is pretty obvious.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Like half of the information in the first post is either blatantly obvious or incorrect.

Examples: Cape on bowser or DK's up-b does not send them in the opposite direction.

Cape on turnips is pretty obvious.
you practically quoted the stuff i said!! :embarrass

*starts to edit post and writes stuff down eggz said*

see? :chuckle: nah but ive said that anyways... but i respect the way you feel about those wrong tipps:laugh:

STILL NOT FLAMIN YOU ZAYDEN!!! IM ON YOUR SIDE!!! :chuckle:

-PM-

Smash Ace
every mario should stay true to eggz

OR HE'LL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND MONEY MATCH YOU TILL YOUR BROKE AND YOUR MARIO WILL CRY =[[[[[[[[[[[....

yea...

-PM-

Smash Ace
BLEH you know when you pick up a fireflower in the old school mario? we'll in the yoshi board someone said that mario has it!! cause he was mad that there was no black or white yoshi =/

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Zayden: The examples in this thread will never be useful. Partly because a situation like this will rarely happen.

Eggz and maelstrom128: post.
Wow. . .here I come in, after a 2-month hiatus, and there's a thread that consists entirely of Grade-A Drama, and nothing else. Eggz, what the heck have you been doing? :laugh:

Anyways. . .to make this thread SOMEWHAT relevant, the cape is good at edgeguarding, reflecting, and recovery--but situationally.

The cape's only effective at edgeguarding a few characters (Doc/Mario/Falcon/Ganon/Space Animals); otherwise, your standard edgeguarding techniques usually fare much better. Personally, I think that edgeguarding diversity is a HUGE element of making your edgeguarding game formidable, because relying on the cape makes you far too predictable, no matter how good the cape may be.

Aggressive off-the-stage edgeguarding with sex kicks, delayed b-airs, fireballs, and d-airs -> aerial or at-the-edge shffl'd d-airs on fastfallers, shffl'd f-airs, down-angled f-smash/f-tilt or d-tilt -> sex kick all seem as effective as the cape. I almost never use the cape now, especially since my opponents have godly sweetspotting skills.

Reflecting is dangerous at anything except long-range. Opponents can bait your cape and take advantage of the lag--if you're having troubles with projectiles, you can simply jab/f-tilt/shffl through them. I prefer that, since all of the aforementioned options have significantly less lag than the cape. Otherwise, it can be occasionally useful just to throw off a projectile-happy camper, but just caping all day won't help you approach.

The cape's good for recovery. >_> Nothing wrong here. Although a neat trick I picked up from Eggz is to cape to turn yourself around + double jumped b-air to deter edgeguarding while you recover.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
ooh my god Mario-man and -PM- , you guys sound like you WORSHIP eggz >_> hes a reaaalllly good Mario smasher and he does crazy combos and all that and i do respect him for that

but thats it =P and you guys know what a messenger is for? for chattin yeah...so STOP spammin posts already goood ****...

Eggz is for me a really really good Mario player and has got lotsa Knowledge for smash stuff and mario especially yeah... so i respect him for that but stop overdoing it lol

mario-man

Smash Lord
I do not worship Eggz. Trust me. He is a Mario role model, and he's really REALLY good. Nothing more dude. He's not like a god or something. LOL

-PM-

Smash Ace
just mad cause you have no friends SuMa? LOL jkjk but idk i like to kid around but its the fact that eggz would destory me is why i love him so much lol

*Venus

Smash Cadet
I'm not a mario fan, but this flaming needs to settle down :/, its kind of embaressing to smashboards itself when people see this topic, yes, even if his information is wrong, people should settle down, BUT on the other hand, Zayden, your flaming people to, so this thread all together should be closed...

My opinion: Close thsis thread and forget it never happend.

But one question, im new to smashboards (And smashbros for that matter) , is eggz like a pro player or smash god or something???

Anyways, since it looks like it settled down, lets kep it that way, ok?

Top Bottom