• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario as top tier?

Gooche

Smash Rookie
I have played about 20 matches with Mario last night against a friend. He seems more powerful, but then again everyone does. I think that is because the classes were more evened out.

In Brawl everyone has a legitimate chance to win if you know how to use them. I think that if you have a strong understanding of a players normal moveset (READ: not advance techs) you will find all characters are more effective.

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
dude, just because he changed tiers doesn't mean the character is changed.
you guys are making it sound like just because he's a top tier character, you're going to own.
for example, sheik was always considered the best character in the game, ranking higher than fox in every other tier until the most recent one. just because he dropped his spot, it doesn't mean the character changed or anything, its simply what the character is capable of doing.

(if something like this has already been said then ignore me, this is based only on the first page)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish I knew what tier meant...

But, regardless, Mario is a quality character, even if he's in the middle of the pack technically. In the right hands he can do a good amount of damage, and I absolutely love his SNES cape. That thing annoys the hell out of people!

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
dude, just because he changed tiers doesn't mean the character is changed.
you guys are making it sound like just because he's a top tier character, you're going to own.
for example, sheik was always considered the best character in the game, ranking higher than fox in every other tier until the most recent one. just because he dropped his spot, it doesn't mean the character changed or anything, its simply what the character is capable of doing.

(if something like this has already been said then ignore me, this is based only on the first page)
when was mario officially declared top tier,unless he was you post has no meaining,and seriously I think tier's wont exist in brawl...wait scratch that no matter what a tier list will be made...but it will be harder scince all the characters in brawl are more even this time around and no one in brawl is god tier compared to anyone else,I personaly dont like tier's at all and dont really see the point behind them,brawl should stay a game where people can just play it and not worry about their favorite character being one of the worst in the game

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Mario will be solid, but not as solid as Luigi. Mario is looking to be mid-tier but it's still a bit early to tell. I play both of the brothers and it appears like Luigi received way more buffs this time around. Fludd sucks.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
I'ma make him top tier XD...

anyway, I like to see more vids so I can know how effective every one of his moves is...

Vanish07

Smash Rookie
Mario is definitely better in almost every way this time around, we've all seen it, Gimpy said it, and there really isn't any reason to keep asking people if he's better or worse. whether or not the FLUDD is awesome or totally blows is completely irrelevant, because seriously, he's STILL gonna be good with or without it. is he going to be top tier? probably not guys, you all know that TRUTHFULLY Mario lacks both the speed of spacies like Fox or the range of sword uses like Marth, but he is still good. possibly GREAT in the right hands. he'll be in a higher tier, but probably not the highest.

Chipperbane

Smash Rookie
Ahem. Gimpy played a demo for several hours, yet you treat him like the Smash Bros Guru?

I'd listen to people who own the game over someone wo played an outdated demo.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
He's played the full game, what are you talking about? He has videos of him playing the final game. You obviously have no clue what your talking about.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
What do you guys think? I mean, in gimpyfishes impressions thread, he said that everything about mario improved from melee and that he was might've been the best character at the demo. It'd be awsome if he is.
STOP MAKING TEIR POSTS

Seriously, jsut because we saw one guy play a version of the game that could change before its official release anywhere else, and havent seen any other good people play the game, based of one guys impressions does not mean a character is going to be anykind of teir.

IT TAKES YEARS TO MAKE TEIRS.

everyone needs to repeat that to themselves over... and over... and over.

Top Bottom