• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Appeal -> Big Mushroom Effect

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
I am trying to make mario's appeal (taunt) give him a power mushroom and would appreciate any help on the subject.

I have tried to use the crazy hand 1.31 "Move Logic" page, but it doesn't work for mario. According to this comment the addresses were never added for Mario, due to technical difficulties: https://smashboards.com/threads/cra...-editing-program.389500/page-30#post-21463988

The action physics function that represents power mushroom powerup is 800D170C

I have tried plugging a variety of functions (addresses? Codes? IDK lol) from these notes straight into subactions in hopes to maybe get lucky and trigger an effect: http://wparam.com/ssbm/SSBMScratchpad.txt

I have tried using the subaction function "Custom Subaction Event - Projectile/Item Spawn" by @Achilles1515 but it only creates projectiles that can interact with the enemy. IE Mario can spawn a mushroom but cannot "eat" it. Only the opponent can grab the powerup.

Any advice is mega appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The Cape

Smash Master
Have you tried to spawn the power up so Mario "grabs" it? You might also be able to remove the growth effect from the taunt and therefore make the mushroom replace it. I'll be sure to play with this later.

The Cape

Smash Master
Have you tried to spawn the power up so Mario "grabs" it? You might also be able to remove the growth effect from the taunt and therefore make the mushroom replace it. I'll be sure to play with this later.
The only thing I could this to do was spawn the item so the opponent has it immediately, with the mushroom that is. I also looked around Mario's file and could not find his growth animation. It might be in his animation .dat file. Possibly remove that and then try the mushroom?

Top Bottom