• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 15 & 16, 2008 FINALROUND11 (FRXI) "The Southern saga continues!"

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
(FINAL ROUND)XI "A Southern Tradition"

"Sponsered by ShinBlanka, and all of his friends around the ATL South community"

Date: March 15 & 16 ,2008

Holiday Inn - Atlanta
Northeast/Doraville
2001 Clearview Avenue
Atlanta, Ga. 30340

Phone: (770)455-3700

This is a EMS/DigitalFrontier Phat Production

"OK PEOPLE I MADE THIS THREAD 6 1/2 MONTHS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THROWN! I HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH WARNING NOT TO PUT A MAJOR TOURNAMENT DURING OR AROUND THE SAME DATE AS (FRXI)!"

1st of all, I would like to thank all of the people that support the FR tournaments for the past 11 years and support the ATL South scene before if was even call the ATL South division when you attend FR3-FR5. I've met so many people over the past 11 years of running FR. My dreams of having a major tournament in the southeast region has come true and it couldn't have happend without you guy's supporting the FR tournaments back in the day.

I hope to see everyone from last year back for this year's event and drag some of your friends that didn't attend with you last year by the ear down to the ATL. The last FR event was the biggest ever and I hope everyone can make it back this year.

Alot of people in the ATL South don't get the chance to travel around the nation to play against top players, so FR is an outlet for them to play the best in the southeast and hopefully other regions top players will come down to the dirty south. The history of FINAL ROUND is based on the"Console Warriors" style tournament. But now we have arcade cabinet's at Final Round. We will have atleast 3-4 arcade cabinets on games that the console version are truly not worth playing on a tournament level.

Games like ST, and A3 will be in arcade cabinets some having Perfect 360's and other's having 8 way standard switch joysticks. The arcade cabinets are donated by different players in the southeastern community. I really appreciate all of the support from those that always help out me and the southeast scene. I will put a star(*) by the games that will be on the cabinet's and the rest will be on console.

There is a entry fee that is separate from the entry fee to each tournament. FRXI entry fee is "$20". (This fee is to pay for the VENUE, BADGES, NEW JOYSTICKS AND BUTTONS FOR ARCADE MACHINES, and FRXI PIMP CUPS) Like always i need FRXI to pay for itself.

The games, how much, and the days that will be played are as followed:

Saturday March 15, 2008
1:00pm
3S= $10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
MvC2=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
GGXX (AC)=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
KOF98:UM =$10 1st-70% 2nd-20% 3rd-10%
SC4=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%

Sunday March 16, 2008
12:00 noon
CvS2=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
Newest Tekken=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
SuperSmash Brothers Brawl(*)=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
ST(*)=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%
????Vote for the last tournament game added to FRXI=$10 1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd-10%

3v3 Team tournaments are optional only if we have enough time after every tournament is completed. $5 a head, 3v3 round robin team tournament 70/20/10. Also you can't use the same characters in that team. If one of your teammates uses a character you can't use that character. That's the set up for all team tournaments. No multi character use.

3S, MvC2, GGXX AC

"Team Tournament's will be held on Sunday unless there is time after the main tournament is completed."

Rules: All game Double Elim.--Best 2 out of 3

On all console tournament games:

This is a (B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick) tournament for all of the console games being played at FRXI. You are responsible for your equipment and we will not supply anyone with a controller or converter at this tournament for any console tournament. Last year I supplied the PS2 to PS3 converters and 5 of them got stolen. I won't supply anymore converter's for finalround. I'm tired of getting my stuff stoen by some people that don't have any home trainning.

If you hit the start button or a malfunction in your equipment happens during a
match that makes the game pauses or resets during a tournament match get the head judge in charge of running that tournament to decide what will happen next for that match. Replays are automatic if it's at the beginning of the match and you have played 5-10 seconds in the game with no one having an advantage in the match. It's not my problem if "YOUR STICK" malfunction's during a tournament. I WILL BE THE FINAL SAY ON ANY PROBLEMS THAT MY TOURNAMENT JUDGES CAN'T RESOLVE!

I have had alot of email's about "button shouldering/mapping" in certain genre of games. I don't believe in them due to me growing up playing 2d fighters in the arcade's. I want to keep FinalRound as close to arcade perfect as I can, but this isn't the way that most namco 3d players view button shouldering gameplay. So I came up with this solution:

"Button shouldering" will "NOT" be allowed at FRX in the following games:

All capcom 2d fighters and all snk fighters

(THAT MEANS IF YOU RESET YOUR BUTTONS YOU MUST PUT THE DEFAULT MULTI-BUTTONS ON BLANK!!!) So that mean you won't have your 3xkick button, or 3xpunch button. This applies to snk games also. Any default presets that are NOT like the arcade set up are not allowed. If you don't have a 3x punch or kick button in the arcade then you won't use it at FRX! We are trying to make it as close to arcade type tournament as possible and NO button mapping the traditional way to play capcom and snk games IMO. I don't care where you put them on your controler/joystick but you should only have the following buttons input's for the following games:

Capcom games that are on consoles will have only 6 button inputs allowed on your controller/joystick and they are:

1. Jab punch=light punch
2. Strong punch=medium punch
3. Fierce punch=hard punch
4. Short kick=light kick
5. forward kick=medium kick
6. roundhouse kick=hard punch

SNK-Playmore games on console inputs that are allowed:

1. Light punch
2. Heavy punch
3. Light kick
4. Heavy kick

"Button Shouldering/mapping" "Will" be allowed for T5DR and SC4 since it's pretty much accepted in their community.

Tournament game list:

***Capcom vs SNK 2***

Version: PS2
Roll Cancelling is allowed.
No EX Grooves allowed.
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Ultimate Rugal, Super Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Evil Iori are not allowed in tournament play.
Switching the order of your characters during the loading screen is only allowed on your first match.
After winning, you must pick the same characters, same order.

***Marvel vs Capcom 2***

Game version: US Dreamcast
You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

***Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection***
PS3
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds the match judge will enforce blind random stage select.
"Jinpachi" is banned from tournament play shawty!!!

***Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike***
Ps2
Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art's. The losing player can choose a new character.
Gill is banned in tournament play shawty!
The in-game judgment feature "WILL NOT" determine the outcome of draw games. You will have to play another 2/3 match to determine a "TRUE" winner!

***Guilty Gear AC Singles***
PS2
#Reloaded characters, Kliff and Justice are not allowed in tournament play.
Use of EX, Gold and Shadow characters are not allowed in tournament play. Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

***Guilty Gear AC Team Tournament***

Game version: Playstation 2
#Reloaded characters, Kliff and Justice are not allowed in tournament play.
Use of EX, Gold and Shadow characters are not allowed in tournament play.
Each character can only be used once in a team of 3 (e.g. two players. cannot both play Sol).
Each player in the tournament must stick with their character of choice for the entire duration of the tournament.
Each match begins with 1 player from each team playing against each other. The winner of that game remains at the console while the loser must leave and allow another member of his team to play. Once a player has lost, he may not play again. In this manner, the first team to accumulate 3 win (defeating all 3 members of their opponent's team), is declared the winner.
Teams may choose which order their team members will fight. This decision does not need to be made in advance.
At the beginning of a match, the winner of a coin flip will be given to option of choosing which side they would like to play on (P1 or P2) or whether they would like to choose their first team member to play second.

***Super Street Fighter II Turbo***(*)
Arcade Cab
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character. "Akuma" is not allowed in tournament play.
This may change if the ST:HD is close to arcade perfect.

***KOF98 UM***
PS2
Winner keep the same team and order. Loser can change everything. More rules will be posted later

***Super Smash Brothers Brawl***
Nintindo Wii

General (apply to all events unless otherwise noted):
Items off.
Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
Wobbling is not banned.
best 2/3 double elim.
3 stocks, 5 minute time limit.
Gamecube controller/joysticks/ps2 to GC converters or classic controller used only. No wiimote/numchuk due to sync problems holding up the tournament.

***Soul Calibur 4***
PS3
Standard Tournament Rules
US Version
VC Allowed
Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Team Tournament rules: You "CAN NOT" have 2 people using the same character on your team. So you better make your team wisely.

If you are playing in multiple games you need to notify a organizer when you are about to play in another game, so they can skip your match on the brackets and come back to you after you completed the other tournament match.

Also once the tournament starts you are responsible for knowing when your next match will come up. If you have to go for a food or bathroom break, then "PLEASE" notify the judge at your station or "me" that you will be gone for a few minutes. The judge should beable to tell you when your next game will be and how long you have before your next match up. Just act like you have been to a tournament before people and everything will run smoothly.

Anyone that get's out of line inside or outside of the hotel will force me to call the police on you. Act like you have some home training people.

I have 50 rooms reserved for people/groups that are attending FRXI. We need these rooms sold for that weekend since the hotel was nice enough to hold those rooms at a reduced rate for everyone attending FRXI. So if you are reserving a ROOM at the hotel for FINAL ROUND, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE HOTEL STAFF YOU ARE WITH THE FINAL ROUND GROUP We have a discounted rate set up for you guys, just like we did last year. When you call up the hotel, don't just say you want to reserve a room, say you want to reserve a room for FINAL ROUND. The rooms are $89.99 when you tell them your with the Finalround group. Otherwise you're going to get overcharged. The normal price is $129.99 per night. If you have 4 people that would be only $22.25 each day for the hotel room..

P.S.- Let's make this the best tournament of the year. Also we want to make a FinalRound Documentary and would like to ask people to make vids of them traveling to finalround. I thought it would be kinda cool to see someone trip to FRXI. The best one's will be put on the FR doc dvd. Also we will have some people going around the ballroom video interviewing peeps getting their views on finalround's impact on the fighting game community as a whole. I can't wait to see you guy's again. I'm already hyped! Better practice up and tighten up your skills because FRXI will be here before you know it shawty.

Also since i'm new to the smash tournament since anyone willing to bring their Wii to FRXI so we can use it for tournament play will get half off the entry fee. If you bring Wii+tv you get the entry fee and tournament fee paid by me. :)

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I just did some reserch on official smash rules so I copied and paste them to my tournament. P.S. is there anyone in the ATL that is heavy into the smash community I can get with to help me run the SSBB tournament. I haven't run a smash tournament in 5 years:dizzy: and I think I could use some advice on how to run a proper smash tournament.:confused:;) Thanks alot for any help you guy's give me.:)

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I know FRXI is 6 1/2 months away but if I don't get any feedback about the potential turnout for SSBB at FRXI from this thread or this site I will erase smash from my tournament roster. I would think someone would want to give me some feedback. Oh well, we will see.:confused::confused::confused:

ThatGuy

Smash Master
How are you making a Brawl ruleset when the game isn't even out yet? We don't know what characters there are, what stages are available, what tactics are abusable...hell we don't know if we will allow items in tournies.

Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

[...]Wobbling is not banned.
Can't judge if these are even in the game yet.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
How are you making a Brawl ruleset when the game isn't even out yet? We don't know what characters there are, what stages are available, what tactics are abusable...hell we don't know if we will allow items in tournies.

Can't judge if these are even in the game yet.

That was one thing I was wondering. Since the super moves are a item will items be allowed in SSBB? Should I erase the rules I have now?:dizzy::confused: Will the super item be the only item allowed in SSBB? I think it would help end matches faster, because it seems like smash takes along time to complete when you have alot of people attending.:urg:

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I need people to pre-reg for the following games they will be playing at FRXI:

StreetFighter III : 3rd Strike (3S)
StreetFighter II Super Turbo (ST)
Capcom Vs. SNK II (CVS2)
Marvel Vs. Capcom II (MVC2)
Tekken 5 Dark Res. (T5DR)
Guilty Gear AC (GGXX: AC)
KOF98: UM
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (SSBB)
Soul Calibur4 (SC4)

Please list what games you will be playing in this order:
Name "SRK name" : City/State= games played
Larry S. Dixon Jr. "ShinBlanka" : ATL, Ga.= 3S, ST
Please post the correct way everyone, so I can do the pre-reg list. Check back to this post to get the updated list.

3S
1. Larry S Dixon Jr. "ShinBlanka" : Atlanta, Ga.
2. Fernando R. Jimenez "Raph Stryker" : Houston, TX
3. kyle macfarland : philly
4. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
5. Joshua Edwardo Mattock "Yeah Dood 120%": Fayetteville, NC
6. David-Paul Mattock "JiBbo": Fayetteville, NC

MvC2
1. kyle macfarland : philly

CvS2
2. Stephen Medina "Return of Shiki": Charlotte, NC
3. kyle macfarland : philly

T5DR
1. PJ Livingston "Nas" : Newark, De.
2. Steve Vining "UnDeRoAtH" : Augusta, GA
3. Will Coates "Will's Julia" : Mobile, Al

ST
2. kyle macfarland : philly
3. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
4. PJ Livingston "Nas" : Newark, De.
5. John Blount. "Sazae" Pensacola, FL.

GGXX:AC
1. Fernando R. Jimenez "Raph Stryker" : Houston, TX
2. PJ Livingston "Nas" : Newark, De.
3. John Blount. "Sazae" Pensacola, FL.
4. Q.GrayFox : Greenville, NC

KOF98 UM
1. Stephen Medina "Return of Shiki": Charlotte, NC

SC4
2. Q.GrayFox : Greenville, NC

SSBB

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Is there someone I missed on the list?

3S
3. kyle macfarland "comeback" : philly
4. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
5. Joshua Edwardo Mattock "Yeah Dood 120%": Fayetteville, NC
6. David-Paul Mattock "JiBbo": Fayetteville, NC
7. Narada Pollard "K yoji24" Jackson, MS
8. Eric "SmoothViper" : NYC
9. James Cardoni "Humbag". Champaign, IL
10. James Lee "Divine Tenken" : Orlando, FL
11. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
12. Shaun McKettrick "Mr Klutch" : Columbia, SC
13. Dwayne Buchanan "DNYC3" : Brooklyn, NY
14. Matt Frank "GiefRules" :Greenville, NC
15. Kevin Ao "Strongy" : Marietta, GA
16. Damian Broadwell "jinogre" : Douglasville, GA
17. Jonathan Wooden "Xero15" : Atlanta, GA

MvC2
1. kyle macfarland "comeback" : philly
2. Eric "SmoothViper" : NYC
3. Anthony Wright "Adam Warlock" :Orlando, FL
4. James Lee "Divine Tenken" : Orlando, FL
5. Fernando Febles "The Game" : NYC
6. Zach T Gill - "RisuNoMeijin" : Atl, GA
7. Eddie Mu "Eddie" : Suwanee, GA
8. Jose Santiago "Lord Jas" : Miami Fl
9. Cheryl Santiago "Queen Hon3y" : Miami Fl
10. Jonathan Wooden "Xero15" : Atlanta, GA

CvS2
2. Stephen Medina "Return of Shiki": Charlotte, NC
3. kyle macfarland "comeback" : philly
4. Narada Pollard "K yoji24" Jackson, MS
5. Anthony Wright "Adam Warlock" :Orlando, FL
6. James Lee "Divine Tenken" : Orlando, FL
7. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
8. Shaun McKettrick "Mr Klutch" : Columbia, SC
9. Jonathan Wooden "Xero15" : Atlanta, GA

T5DR
2. Steve Vining "UnDeRoAtH" : Augusta, GA
3. Will Coates "Will's Julia" : Mobile, Al
4. Fernando Febles "The Game" : NYC
5. Se3Duhh : Jacksonville, FL
6. Matt Frank "GiefRules" :Greenville, NC
7. SCOTT POPULAR "monkee77" : ATLANTOYKO
8. Damian Broadwell "jinogre" : Douglasville, GA
9. DJ KOR : HOUSTON, TX
10. Marvin Tadepa "Blake" : St. Marys, GA
11. Steven Royster "KillaFox" : Douglasville, Ga

ST
2. kyle macfarland "comeback" : philly
3. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
4. PJ Livingston "Nas" : Newark, De.
5. John Blount. "Sazae" Pensacola, FL.
6. Calvin Summerlin "Gen-An" Decatur GA
7. Matt Frank "GiefRules" :Greenville, NC

GGXX:AC
2. PJ Livingston "Nas" : Newark, De.
3. John Blount. "Sazae" Pensacola, FL.
4. Q.GrayFox : Greenville, NC
5. James Cardoni "Humbag". Champaign, IL
6. Eli Sowah, "Buri", Washington DC
7. Brent Taylor "purifyweirdsoul" : Raleigh, NC
8. Matt Frank "GiefRules" :Greenville, NC
9. Nathan Roach "Pinion" Port St. Lucie, Florida

KOF98 UM
1. Stephen Medina "Return of Shiki": Charlotte, NC
3. Eric Williams "Earwig" : Atlanta, Ga.
4. Chris Daniels "Fella's" : Atlanta, Ga.
5. Matt Oconner "NinjaMatt" : Atlanta, Ga.
6. Lukus Allen "Dark Geese":Denton, Tx
7. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
8. Brent Taylor "purifyweirdsoul" : Raleigh, NC

SC4
2. Q.GrayFox : Greenville, NC
3. Kevin Ao "Strongy" : Marietta, GA

SSBB
2. Eli Sowah, "Buri", Washington DC
3. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
4. Kevin Ao "Strongy" : Marietta, GA

Wow still no interest in SSBB at FRXI?:confused::confused::ohwell: I'll keep checking to see if there's interest in my tournament from this site.:ohwell::confused:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I dunno about brawl but i'll be there for AC, like last year, I guess >.>

and ur better off posting this in the Atlantic south room

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
looks like smash might be taken off the tournament roster. Kinda sad in a way. I guess i'm too much of a smash noob to get people to attend FRXI. I'll hold out for a little bit longer.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
looks like smash might be taken off the tournament roster. Kinda sad in a way. I guess i'm too much of a smash noob to get people to attend FRXI. I'll hold out for a little bit longer.
You should probably post this in the Atlantic South board. Regional Zones > Atlantic South. Georgia has an active smash community.

Top Bottom