• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 8, 2014] Havenshine Presents: Spring Break Brawl (MK Banned) (Pawtucket , RI)

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
**** NOTE: This tournament is MK Banned.****
Livestream will provided by CT's Guarantee Damage.

Schedule
11:30am - Doors open
12:00 pm - Sign up for Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm - Brawl Doubles Begins
2:30 pm - Brawl Doubles ends/Sign ups for singles...
3:00 pm- Brawl Singles Begin**
5:30 pm Third event**

**If singles end at a reasonable time.

Venue Fee: $5
Singles Entry Fee: $5 / Person
Doubles Entry Fee: $10 / Team ($5 per person)

All prizes will be paid in cash.

Prize Pools

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place -55%
2nd place -30%
3rd place -10%
4th place - 5%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entries)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Doubles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%
*If less than 10 teams sign up, the pot split will go 65/35/0
RULES:
1 v 1 Rules

3 stocks
8 minute timer
Neutral Stages: Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville / Yoshi’s Island / Lylat Cruise
Counter Pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium 1 / Castle Siege/Delfino Plaza/ Frigate Orpheon/ Battleship Halberd
No Items
Percentage and Stage are the same if restart
2/3 wins
1 Stage Ban Per Player

Team Rules
3 Stocks
8 minute Timer
Neutral Stages: Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville / Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) / Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages: Castle Seige / Pokemon Stadium 1/ Delfino Plaza/ Frigate Orpheon/ Battleship Halberd
No Items
Team Attack on
Percentage and Stage are the same if restart.
Team hosting is red and other is Blue.
2/3 wins

Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

Playing a set match before you are told to play the match will get you penalized

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Livestream will provided by Guaranteed Damage, also this tournament is meta knight banned. Unfortunately the title was a bit too long, so it cut off that part, so I apologize for any confusion caused because of this.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Heard about this via Massquerade through DJ Delta. Thought I'd keep track of it.

Cumberland, RI sounds like quite a trip, but I'll see what I can do about that. If anyone wants to do something like a carpool, that'll be cool too.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to Havenshine moving, the new location for the tournament will be 805 Broadway Pawtucket RI. Downstairs from the Super Dragon Chinese Restaurant. The date will still be March 8th, so I hope to see everyone there to check out the new venue!

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Captain Hotcakes, thanks for looking into my tournament. I know there are a lot of MA Brawl players, so hopefully finding a carpool won't be that difficult.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
From what I'm told, the new venue will have a much more open layout (one big room), and is more accessible to OOS players since it's right off route 95.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You're welcome, DJ Delta! I guess I'll look into the new venue. A Chinese restaurant basement sounds interesting. Sure people will be able to manage something for players to get around. :laugh:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I was able to check the venue this week, and it looks great. Should be able to hold plenty of setups, one big room downstairs, and could use part of the upper level if necessary. The people who run the restaurant are extremely friendly and the food is very good. Only two weeks away, so I hope everyone can make it. We have plenty of TV's but could always use wiis.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
KC fixed the problem with roy's neutral b, and nerfed mewtwo's up throw, though it can still be used as a KO move.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I really think I can get a good turnout for this. Expecting quite a few people. Three crews of 3 or more, plus my crew, and a few other locals. Got people from RI, MA and CT, going to this. Spread the word, this should be a lot of fun!

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
SCHEDULE CHANGE: Venue's doors open at 11:30am instead of 11:00am, which was previously posted. However, the events should run as scheduled.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
ATTN: Massachusetts players
If anyone plans to go to the tourney via carpool, let me know before Saturday. I would be using the MBTA to get as close to the Rhode Island border as possible. So depending on where you are driving from and when you are driving, the station I'll be using as a pick-up/drop-off will change.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I explained your situation on the Facebook Tourney page too. There are quite a few MA players going, so hopefully one of them can help you out.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
can't make it to this, but i'll be on the lookout for future events
I will probably do another one at the end of next month and if not definitely sometime in May when colleges are out.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
For those that are going and are interested in playing Brawl DX please if possible try to bring a setup and make sure you've downloaded the latest version.

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
What is the skill level going to be like for this tourney? I'm bringing people who are pretty new to the game, just wondering how badly they will get wrecked hahaha

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people there will either be new or of average skill level. There will be a few notable players from the NE region, but with it being mk banned and lower entry fees it would definitely be a good tournament to bring new players.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
And for those who may not feel like they stand much of a chance in vbrawl singles there is the brawl DX side event following that which not too many people have gotten completely used to so it should be an even playing field for a lot of people. We will also have a setup open for people to mess around with before the main events start, so anyone interested can play.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Well tomorrow is the day, hope to see everyone there! Just a few important notes: 1) The venue opens at 11:30am and doubles start at 1 so try to get there early so everything can run smoothly. 2) The parking lot is a bit on the small side, so try to carpool or come down early. However, there's additional park on the street, and near the Rite Aid across the street, which told by the venue owner is fine.

Top Bottom