• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 7, 2015] Super Smash Bash! Support the local high school! (Sm4sh) (Hendersonville, TN)

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
The Hendersonville High School Games Council is hosting a smash tournament, and all are welcomed to attend! This event is for all ages, but will be a competitive tournament (yes, if you aren't a student, you are still welcomed to attend. We are hoping for as many people as possible!). there will be a singles and a doubles tournament, here are the rulesets
Singles:
  • 3 stock, 7 minutes
  • no items
  • gentleman's rule: all stages are legal, as long as both players agree to the stage. If they cannot agree, they must play the ORIGINAL final destination (certain omega forms improve recoveries such as little mac and ness)
  • Single Elimination
  • Pause is disabled
  • No chain grabs/infinites
  • Resetting is forfeit of the SET
  • best 2 of 3, semis and finals best 4 of 7
Doubles:
  • 2 stock 6 minutes
  • no items
  • if one teammate is eliminated, the teammate still in the round is allowed to pass their controller to the one eliminated, and he can play through the rest of the match
  • gentleman's rule also applies
  • Single Elimination
  • Chain grabs/infinites ARE LEGAL (the logic is that your partner will be able to save you if you are trapped)
  • Best 2 out of 3, semis and finals best 4 out of 7
  • Teammates may NOT choose the same character (to avoid matches that are ENTIRELY diddy)
Pricing:
  • $1 will let you play on a console with all items and any rules players desire, and you can watch the tournaments (entering ANY tournament will grant access to this)
  • $5 for singles entry, $5 per person for doubles entry
  • you may signup on a sheet to be randomly paired for the doubles tournament to participate, if you do not have a partner. If we have an odd number of sign ups for this sheet, we will try to work something out for the last person who signed up (to be fair to those who signed up early)
  • A special deal! Participate in both tournaments and you can set a custom name and controls, and even use a mii fighter! (all set to 1111, default miis used)
Some things that need discussion (we ask that you comment with your opinion below)
  • Should we use custom movesets? (if we do, participation in both tournaments required to use)
  • Can anyone come and supply a gamecube ADAPTER (we have plenty of controllers)
  • should we use the gentleman's rule, or the legal stage pick/counter-pick system?
We here at the HHS game council would like to thank you for supporting us, and we have an awesome tournament planned! Please come on down and let's smash!
(note, time not confirmed, will probably update later today.)

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Some more details about the tournament have been added!
This tournament will be hosted in the Hendersonville High School Library, and location has been updated. Snacks and drinks will be provided at the tournament. Controllers will be provided, but we recommend you bring your own controller (if you have the gamcube controller adapter, we would appreciate that as well.) There will be a 3ds break lounge to practice with others inbetween matches. We will most likely have only 3 wii us, but for expected turnout this should be fine, as this was the number used for the brawl tournament, and we are basing our numbers off of that event. Another note, we may not have the free play console, but we will still charge $1 to watch the tournament, and you can bring a 3ds if you have one. Winners of the tournament will recieve a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme! (2nd place will be refunded). Thanks again and we hope you visit!

Oatz

Smash Rookie
Lol, I'm not sure if I would rather have my refund than a dozen donuts. (Where is the actual prize) Why isn't the money getting split evenly such as,(Probably less because your providing snacks and drinks)
Smash Payouts
Could be 1st-60%/2nd-30%/3rd-10%

If their is no payouts and you're either giving us refunds or donuts, in that case what are you doing with the money we give you? Keeping it? I have possibly 2-5 people who might want to come with me.(But I'm not sure if I would drive 40 minutes for donuts) However, GameCube adapters aren't coming out until sometime this month. And yes we should be allowed to have custom, even without participation of both tournaments. Not everyone plays the same way and having to join both tournaments is a scam.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Hey oatz! The money is going to support the local game council here at the school, and I will discuss with other members if we should also refund 1st place along with donuts. Customs will probably not be allowed due to the fact that our copies are not 100% and being so close to the tournament we could not get them all in time. Custom CONTROLS will now be allowed for entering any tournament. We will also accept 3rd party gc adapters as well. To my knowledge they are in stock on amazon right now, and for the 2 wii us we have, we also have adapters for both. 2 more things: If you could supply a wii u (you don't even need a copy of smash since we have an extra, but I assume you do) we would allow you and a friend free access into both tournaments, but please contact me ahead of time for your name and friends name. Finally, it says you have a project m main, but not a smash wii u main. Finally, we do hope you come to the tournament!

Oatz

Smash Rookie
Okay cool, I understand that your trying to make money for your school. And I apreciate you talking to your rest of your council about the refund. But I don't think I will be able to come for the reason it might be too far(40min)+the amount it takes to pick up my rest of my friends. I'll tell my friends about this turnament and if they really want too, I will come. It might be too much of a drive basically a 2 hour drive there and back. I would for sure come if their was an actual pot to win (and Hoping that I don't have work) I didn't know Amazon was selling it, I should buy one. And I don't really have a wii u main because of the fact I'm not sure who to main. They nerfed olimar so much :crying::crying::crying:. I do really hope your tournments turns out cool though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom