• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 29, 2014] Hub City Smash presents: Tourney #4! (Moncton, NB)

jerflip

Smash Apprentice

NEW VENUE! this tournament will be held at The Comic Hunter, which is located right next to Spin-It (the venue we used for previous tournaments). Also, we're dropping Brawl in favour of SSB64 and Project M.

Hub City Smash is proud to present its fourth Smash Bros. tournament!

What: Super Smash Bros. 64, Melee and P:M tournament
Where: The Comic Hunter (465 Main Street, Moncton)
When: March 29th, 2014 (registration @ 12:30 PM, starts @ 1:00 PM)
Entry fee: $10 for SSB64, $10 for Melee, $10 for P:M
(All entry fees go directly into the prize pool!)

The Comic Hunter: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Comic-Hunter-Moncton/357284032819

Hub City Smash: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hubcitysmash

SSB64 RULES

5 stocks, no items
All sets are best of 3 except for semis and grand finals (Bo5)
Starter stage: Dream Land (first match is always played on Dream Land)
Counter-pick stages: Congo Jungle, Peach’s Castle
Any stage can be chosen if both players agree to it.
Players may switch characters in between games. The winner of the last game picks his/her character first.
Freezing and infinite stalling are illegal.

MELEE RULES

4 stocks, 8 minute time limit, no items, pause disabled
First stage is decided by banning from the starter stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stage is decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and loser choosing.
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land
Counter-pick stage: Pokémon Stadium
Winning player is not character-locked for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
In matches that are best of five (semifinals and grand finals), there are no stage bans.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

P:M 3.0 RULES

4 stock, 8 minutes, no items, pause disabled
All sets are best of 3 except for semis and grand finals.
Buffer set to off.
Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not.
Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks are not.
First stage is decided by banning from the starter stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stage is decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and loser choosing.
Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland (64), Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counter-pick stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Skyloft, Skyworld
Winning player is not character-locked for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

GENERAL RULES

DSR: A player may not counter-pick a stage they have won on in the current set.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage can be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
No scrooging (traveling under the stage repeatedly). Players may travel under the stage only once from one ledge to the other.
Coaching in between matches is allowed. Coaching during matches is not allowed.
Players must attend their matches when they are called. If you are late to a match, the following applies:
5 minutes late - results in a match loss
10 minutes late - results in a set loss
These times will be enforced to make sure that each player enjoys the event in a timely manner.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if anyone'll read this, but thanks to the PEI peeps who drove all the way to Moncton... I heard you guys found us on smashboards so yee ;3

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Thanks for the games. Indy and I had tons of fun. I look forward to playing with you guys more in the future.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
Glad you guys came :) I wish we could've chatted and played more, I was a bit stressed about watching the laptop and the prize pool

Last edited:

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
That was a much bigger turnout than I expected, and the prize pools were just as surprising. I'm glad we have such a strong community already, As it stands I'm liking moving down to either SJ or Moncton very soon, so hopefully I will be able to play again soon.

Top Bottom