• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 28, 2015] Matthews Smashers "CRAZY 8's III" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Blue53

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bluemario64
Hey! the last tournament was pretty cool, I might be able to sign up for both Melee and PM this time around now that I have some practice under my belt ^_^... and maybe smash 4? :foxmelee: :marth::4pikachu: Good luck to all of you! :kirby::disco:

RainbowTrololo

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainbowTrololo
3DS FC
0018-1802-5033
Except for Smash 4 players. This would be your only option. Plus I will take this to go ahead and start the conversation about having doubles sometime. KEVDO I know you will see this, lets team up if we can get some challengers.
Aye. I think the organizers of FPS3 used to do Sm4sh but they got swamped with the amount of people playing. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong tourney, anyway. Either way, thinking of making it.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Aye. I think the organizers of FPS3 used to do Sm4sh but they got swamped with the amount of people playing. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong tourney, anyway. Either way, thinking of making it.
They do smash 4 "every other month", I don't agree with it because they get less people going by doing that, but hey, I don't run it.

Foo

Smash Lord
Nope turnout was the same regardless. There was a giant turnout the first time, and turnout has been lower since then but it has nothing to do with whether sm4sh or melee is in rotation.

Also, it's frame perfect sunday now lol. It's gonna be on the 29th.

Foo

Smash Lord
Damn, meant to say this a while ago but I forgot. Oh well, here goes.

I think it's better to schedule melee>sm4sh>PM or PM>sm4sh>melee because PM and melee have a much bigger player overlap than any of the two games and sm4sh. If PM and melee are right next to eachother, it usually slows the bracket down a bit because of players having to play their melee games and PM games.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Damn, meant to say this a while ago but I forgot. Oh well, here goes.

I think it's better to schedule melee>sm4sh>PM or PM>sm4sh>melee because PM and melee have a much bigger player overlap than any of the two games and sm4sh. If PM and melee are right next to eachother, it usually slows the bracket down a bit because of players having to play their melee games and PM games.
Yeah but it's hard to switch out the setups that quickly if they did that it would probably take the same amount of time as the original schedule

Foo

Smash Lord
Yeah but it's hard to switch out the setups that quickly if they did that it would probably take the same amount of time as the original schedule
Wasn't there another room for sm4sh? I guess I wasn't paying much attention, but I didn't see any sm4sh setups around so I figured they were totally separate. If you have to convert all of the setups, then I guess that way makes more sense.

Blue53

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bluemario64
20XX is upon us -looks at last tournament- nvm all we got are falcos :O

Last edited:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Wasn't there another room for sm4sh? I guess I wasn't paying much attention, but I didn't see any sm4sh setups around so I figured they were totally separate. If you have to convert all of the setups, then I guess that way makes more sense.
Yeah there was a room for smash 4 but it was a small room and contained only 2 tvs which will be impossible if we get a 60 man turn out for wii u like we did 2 months ago, so it's kind of hard

Last edited:

Blue53

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bluemario64
Well dang, my gamecube controller just happened to stop working so I'll have to sign up for only SM4SH wii u <_<.. Foo! I will unleash 20XX Someday!! Kappa C_C. melee/pm mains: :foxmelee::marthmelee:...:mariomelee:/:luigimelee:/? Sm4sh mains: :4pikachu: :4mario: :4falcon:

Foo

Smash Lord
Well dang, my gamecube controller just happened to stop working so I'll have to sign up for only SM4SH wii u <_<.. Foo! I will unleash 20XX Someday!! Kappa C_C. melee/pm mains: :foxmelee::marthmelee:...:mariomelee:/:luigimelee:/? Sm4sh mains: :4pikachu: :4mario: :4falcon:
I have a spare gamecube controller you could use. Practically brand new too.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I woke up today with a stomach virus and was really sick all day. I really wish I could have made it to this one because I love these tournaments and all you guys are so great! I hope everyone who was able to make it had a good time and I will make sure to make it to the next one!

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Although I'm good friends with everyone that runs the tournament and I run part of it I'm going to say what I thought about yesterday. I'm still extremely upset that there were no chances for me to get a smash 4 match on stream because of people playing friendlies on the stream set for about 45 minutes when there was a smash 4 setup right next to it that could be switched and they could resume their friendlies and everything would have been just fine. Next I'm going to request that we change the stock count to two for smash wii u. Every single major tournament runs two, and it makes things go by faster and, in my opinion is the right to stock amount to play the game. Thanks for coming everyone, I hope you had a great time.

Last edited:

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
I personally really like three stocks. I don't know how much faster two stocks would be, but I honestly feel that three stocks really lets people play more strategically. Two stocks just doesn't seem like enough to let a match really play out. If anything, you could do three stock, six minute matches.

I don't think time is too big a problem, other than the fact that Smash 4 always starts an hour or so late because PM and Melee take so long.

Last edited:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I personally really like three stocks. I don't know how much faster two stocks would be, but I honestly feel that three stocks really lets people play more strategically. Two stocks just doesn't seem like enough to let a match really play out. If anything, you could do three stock, six minute matches.

I don't think time is too big a problem, other than the fact that Smash 4 always starts an hour or so late because PM and Melee take so long.
Trust me the game is not fast enough for 6 minutes, if anything it would make the game slower and encourage timeouts and camping.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I don't hate three stocks but I just think two is better for smash 4, if anyone has a viable argument for three stocks I would like to hear it because, "I like three stocks more just because" isn't a good one.

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
I don't hate three stocks but I just think two is better for smash 4, if anyone has a viable argument for three stocks I would like to hear it because, "I like three stocks more just because" isn't a good one.
I hear ya, but from what I can tell, you're using the same argument.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I hear ya, but from what I can tell, you're using the same argument.
I have got plenty of reasons on why two Is better in my opinion, for example if people train on for glory that's what they practice on, all majors do it so if people want to be able to reach the level of a major shouldn't they be in a tournament with the same rules etc.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
I have got plenty of reasons on why two Is better in my opinion, for example if people train on for glory that's what they practice on, all majors do it so if people want to be able to reach the level of a major shouldn't they be in a tournament with the same rules etc.
Well if we were copying what we were doing on for glory for tournaments, teams would have team attack off, 2 mins and no stocks. My opinion is that 3 stocks gives you more time to make up for your mistakes, have more time to read and understand your opponent, understand and learn the MU, and have overall more play time (and maybe fore fun) than just 2 stocks.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Well if we were copying what we were doing on for glory for tournaments, teams would have team attack off, 2 mins and no stocks. My opinion is that 3 stocks gives you more time to make up for your mistakes, have more time to read and understand your opponent, understand and learn the MU, and have overall more play time (and maybe fore fun) than just 2 stocks.
i wasnt talking about the disgraceful teams rules online and beside there hasnt been a teams event in three months and the only time you cant make up for a mistake are in 1 stock matches and last hit situations, also reading happens within an instant not over 3 stocks, learning your opppnents playstyles can still occur in the span of 2 stocks, i mean isnt that a big reason why we have 2 out of three and three out of 5?

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though, maybe at the next tournament, when you sign in there could be a survey that asks if you want 2 or 3 stocks for the next tournament. That way we get the majority vote and we can use that to determine what we should do.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Seriously though, maybe at the next tournament, when you sign in there could be a survey that asks if you want 2 or 3 stocks for the next tournament. That way we get the majority vote and we can use that to determine what we should do.
i think thats a great idea!

Top Bottom