• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 27, 2015] Smash Fest (Helena, AL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
This is an expiramental event to grow the smash community in the Pelham/Helena area. Depending on the outcome it could end up becoming a tournament, in which case the tournament rules would be posted. More info to come as time gets near.

If you are able to come please rsvp here!

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Now, for the all important question...whatcha playin?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I'll be there! We will be playing Smash 4 Wii U. Right now we will have a console set up with 1v1 and another for teams. Depending on how many people sign up, we could get more consoles.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
Apparently there is no yes button for me to click so I rsvpd maybe, but I'm going

Found the yes button

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I've talked to the store owner and they are taking down names and emails of walk ins. She will send me the list next week. She's already got several people who are excited about it. @ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb don't worry, there will be plenty of people there. She posted fliers letting people know.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
I've talked to the store owner and they are taking down names and emails of walk ins. She will send me the list next week. She's already got several people who are excited about it. @ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb don't worry, there will be plenty of people there. She posted fliers letting people know.

Good deal, I'm excited. Something good to look forward to. Hope we have a good turnout

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
I would love to come but, it would just depend on what time it is Because it depends on that for me.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I would love to come but, it would just depend on what time it is Because it depends on that for me.
We would love to have you. It starts at 9 pm. Kind of late, but that is the only time the venue could start. If this is a success, then we could probably arrange better times in the future

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
sorry looks like I cant make it but I'll spread the word about the smash fest so another one can happen real soon!

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
This was a great success, despite only three people confirming their attendance! We had about a dozen people show up.
Shout out to Daniel (@NoCrownKing), Andrew, Aaron, Drew, Nick, Adam(@ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb ), and Zone 1 Video Games for hosting this event for free for us! The main game was Smash 4 - Thanks to Daniel(@NoCrownKing) for that set up, but there was also a little Brawl, and some fun matches in Smash 64 as well - Thanks to Adam (@ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb ) for bringing that set up!

We will definitely do this again!

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
Definitely a good turnout, just starting out. It was fun and good to see who all plays smash in the area. Great thanks to Kim with zone one for hooking us up with the venue. Can't wait until the next time to see improvements

Alejandro Garcia

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-6737-7090
I'll be there! We will be playing Smash 4 Wii U. Right now we will have a console set up with 1v1 and another for teams. Depending on how many people sign up, we could get more consoles.
Is it free or do we have to pay (might go)

Alejandro Garcia

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-6737-7090
Well, it was free. It was last Friday. But we will be doing more of these. Hopefully once a month. We are still looking at different venues to host this at.
Oh well next month I'll most likely go and I'll be using my 3DS I'll spread the word as well

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Oh well next month I'll most likely go and I'll be using my 3DS I'll spread the word as well
The more the merrier! We had a blast and there were a few people that brought a 3ds. We had a few gamecube controllers and pro controllers as well. It's always best to bring your own. Looking forward to playing!

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
So this was last weekend? When's the next one? I'd be interested and can probably bring a friend.
No, I think @ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb set it up to reoccur weekly? Although this was just a one time thing for now, we are going to be doing it more. We just have to figure out a venue to hold it at. It would be awesome if you and your friend can make it next time!

Harryson9

Smash Rookie
No, I think @ BumbleBomb BumbleBomb set it up to reoccur weekly? Although this was just a one time thing for now, we are going to be doing it more. We just have to figure out a venue to hold it at. It would be awesome if you and your friend can make it next time!
If that's the case I'll be there.

Harryson9

Smash Rookie
I was thinking I might be able to talk to some people on this side of town (I live in Trussville) and see if we can get something going over here too so we could possibly get a larger scene going if you guys would be down?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I wasn't able to go, but I totally would if I'm in town whenever it happens this time.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I was thinking I might be able to talk to some people on this side of town (I live in Trussville) and see if we can get something going over here too so we could possibly get a larger scene going if you guys would be down?
Yeah, I would be. Trussville isn't too bad of a drive. I know I would be up for it!

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
This event happened already, I will post the next event when we know the date. Let us know about events near Helena/pelham, we're definitely trying to grow and get better

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Let me know when this happens again. A good friend of mine works there and I know Kim fairly well. I'm surprised I didn't hear about this.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
This was the first time we did this, @ Zonderion Zonderion and myself just got together and decided to give it a shot to see who all who come. Kim said she could do it only so often, so any other event will keep us active and will apply exp to our skillz. Will post again when we do it again

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'm going to try to carpool and Montevallans who are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom