• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 22, 2015] Mute City III (Melee, Smash 4, & PM) (Charlotte, NC)

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process

Bi-Weekly Super Smash Bros Melee/Smash4 Tournament in Charlotte NC

THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT, 80% of the tournament fees will be going to http://www.charlottedm.org/ which is a Charlotte group that has been raising money for https://giveamiracle.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/

The funds go towards the Levine Children's Hospital
http://www.carolinashealthcare.org/levine-childrens-hospital
(The tournament fee is not entree fee. Entree fee still goes to the winners of the tournaments).

We are also raffling off a brand new Super Smash Bros. Edition gamecube controller! You will get 1 ticket for paying tournament fee (or bringing a setup) and additional tickets can be bought for $2 each!
To get to this room from the main floor. If you take the elevator, it is on the " 3rd floor. Take a left once you get out of the elevator and there will be a hallway on the left. 340 GHI is at the end of the hallway.

Parking is free by the student union. I will be posting a picture of UNCC with the best place to park.

---IF YOU CAN, PLEASE BRING SMASH 4 SETUPS---
Even just a console helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Doors open at 11:00 AM
Smash 4 Singles will start at 12:00 PM
Melee Doubles will start at 1:30 PM (If 8+ teams sign up)

Smash 4 Doubles will start at 3:30 PM (Only if there isn't enough Melee Doubles interest)
Melee Singles will start at 3:00 PM
PM Singles will start at 5:00 PM
Signups end when tournaments start.
*****Schedule is estimate, tournaments will not start before posted time*****

If by 1:30 pm, there are not enough entrants for melee doubles to make a bracket (7 or less teams) then we refund everyone who entered melee doubles.

Tournament fee - $5, completely waived for full setup, $2 off for just a crt or a console.
Entry fee is $10 per team ($5 per person) and $5 for Singles

Payout:

60%/30%/10%

If bracket is 32 players or larger
50%/25%/15%/10% payout

Top 5 of Melee Singles is a Best of 5, No Bans, Cannot Counter-Pick to any stage you won on in the set.

Melee will follow standard Apex ruleset for singles and doubles -https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

ProjectM - Version 3.5
4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Top 5 is best of 5)
Items off, input buffer off
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match
No Giga Bowser

PM Stage Selection:
RPS to determine who goes first
1-2-1 striking
Starters: Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
Counterpicks: Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain of Dreams, Green Hill Zone
Winner bans 2 stages. (Banning takes place on bo5 too)
You may not choose a stage that you have already won on.
Players may agree to use other rulesets.

Smash 4 - Apex Ruleset:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

2 stocks, 6 minutes, best of 3 (Top 5 is best of 5)
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match

SMASH 4 DOUBLES IS 3 STOCKS 8 MINUTES

Smash 4 Stage Selection:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counerpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages(considered same stage as FD for banning process)

Striking: RPS, winner strikes 1 stage, player 2 strikes second stage.
2 bans from winner during counterpicking.

You may not choose a stage that you have already won on.
Players may agree to use other rulesets.

Ironf1st

Smash Rookie
I had a ton of fun at the last one of this, glad to see some (potential?) support for ssm4sh doubles! It's a shame what happened with ma adapter at the last one, but I do still plan on bringing a setup, hopefully it goes better this time o.o

Doctor Payne

Smash Rookie
I think it's the Setup fees that will be given out in payouts, with the Tournament fees going 80% to charity and 20% to the TO's, no?
Oh I see. I haven't been to mute city since the preliminaries when there was only an entrance fee for each tournament. If by setup fee you mean entrance fee.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So the payout is from the 20% not going to charity?
No, each tournament will still have payouts as normal.

I think it's the Setup fees that will be given out in payouts, with the Tournament fees going 80% to charity and 20% to the TO's, no?
This is partially correct. The actual tournament payouts are still the same, it's the money that we make off of people who don't bring in setups (the setup fee) that 80% of that goes to charity, and the other 20% goes to the TOs. The individual tournament payouts are not affected.

I had a ton of fun at the last one of this, glad to see some (potential?) support for ssm4sh doubles! It's a shame what happened with ma adapter at the last one, but I do still plan on bringing a setup, hopefully it goes better this time o.o
Good to hear! Again, we deeply apologize for that happening. We had not had anyone reply saying they found the adapter :(

Doctor Payne

Smash Rookie
Dude that really sucks, I'm sort of paranoid to bring all of my stuff myself. Hopefully the guy that took it didn't mean to.

Doctor Payne

Smash Rookie

This is partially correct. The actual tournament payouts are still the same, it's the money that we make off of people who don't bring in setups (the setup fee) that 80% of that goes to charity, and the other 20% goes to the TOs. The individual tournament payouts are not affected.

Good to hear! Again, we deeply apologize for that happening. We had not had anyone reply saying they found the adapter :(
Maybe you guys could do some sort of announcement about it at the start of this next one, asking if anyone has it? It would be worth a shot.

Ironf1st

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the support guys! As for the adapter, they did drop in price on amazon so I didn't end up losing as much as I thought I would, they're like 20 bucks now, but even still, it's a shame that a thing like that can happen at all, since part of why I want to bring my setup in the first place is to help grow the scene by doing my small part, but meh, it's ok I guess. It's definitely not gonna stop me from being hyped for this next event, that's for certain!

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Thanks for the support guys! As for the adapter, they did drop in price on amazon so I didn't end up losing as much as I thought I would, they're like 20 bucks now, but even still, it's a shame that a thing like that can happen at all, since part of why I want to bring my setup in the first place is to help grow the scene by doing my small part, but meh, it's ok I guess. It's definitely not gonna stop me from being hyped for this next event, that's for certain!
We should be getting stickers to put on each person's setup so that it can be labeled.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice

I appreciate that you are trying to call it a setup fee or tournament fee, but I think people are use to that additional fee being called the "Venue Fee" (even if that's not entirely accurate). Maybe next time to avoid confusion you could say 80% of Venue fee is donated, and tournaments pay out as normal?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I appreciate that you are trying to call it a setup fee or tournament fee, but I think people are use to that additional fee being called the "Venue Fee" (even if that's not entirely accurate). Maybe next time to avoid confusion you could say 80% of Venue fee is donated, and tournaments pay out as normal?
I'm not saying venue fee because that would imply that we had to pay for the venue, which we don't, we get it for free. So I feel it would be misleading to call it a venue fee because of that circumstance.

Foo

Smash Lord
remember, if you see a confused looking nerd with a bag wandering around the area, direct him to the nearest smash tournament. It's probably me.

Oh, also, for starters, it's pokemon stadium TWO, right? Pls tell me I'm right.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
remember, if you see a confused looking nerd with a bag wandering around the area, direct him to the nearest smash tournament. It's probably me.

Oh, also, for starters, it's pokemon stadium TWO, right? Pls tell me I'm right.
Yes, I believe it's PS 2 for PM.

Top Bottom